The Student Room Group

Eligibility for Maintenance loan as EU national.

Good day,

I'm a current Sixth Former looking to attend my university of choice which I currently hold a conditional offer to. I'm interested in knowing if I'm eligible for Maintenance loan as I currently do not hold a UK passport.

I have been studying in the UK since age 7, making 11 years of residence with no breaks during that period. My course is yet to start (for that matter i'm yet to get in it...) and I'm interested in whether I'am required to obtain a UK passport / naturalization so that I may be eligible for a Maintenance Loan or if my current criteria would do the job.

Thank you for your time,
S
Original post by SK.B
Good day,

I'm a current Sixth Former looking to attend my university of choice which I currently hold a conditional offer to. I'm interested in knowing if I'm eligible for Maintenance loan as I currently do not hold a UK passport.

I have been studying in the UK since age 7, making 11 years of residence with no breaks during that period. My course is yet to start (for that matter i'm yet to get in it...) and I'm interested in whether I'am required to obtain a UK passport / naturalization so that I may be eligible for a Maintenance Loan or if my current criteria would do the job.

Thank you for your time,
S

Hi there,

What status do you currently hold in the UK just now?

Thanks, Erin
Reply 2
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi there,

What status do you currently hold in the UK just now?

Thanks, Erin

Thank you for your time and apologies for the delayed response.

Currently I'm a holder of a blue card and have been since entering the country, and as someone who has lived over 5+ years I hold permanent residence (by default) as well so I assume the answer to your question is Permanent residence Status.

Thank you.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by SK.B
Thank you for your time and apologies for the delayed response.

Currently I'm a holder of a blue card and have been since entering the country, and as someone who has lived over 5+ years I hold permanent residence (by default) as well so I assume the answer to your question is Permanent residence Status.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Can you confirm if your hold a settled status such as Indefinite Leave to Remain or Indefinite Leave to enter?

Thanks, Andy
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Andrew
Hi there,

Can you confirm if your hold a settled status such as Indefinite Leave to Remain or Indefinite Leave to enter?

Thanks, Andy

Hi,

I'm not aware that I hold it, therefore, I will state that i don't; given that I'm an EU national over 10 years of tenure in the UK- I'm eligible to apply but have not had the need to do so.

thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending