Opinions on the british study youtubers? Watch

studentuser2734
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Wasn’t sure where to put this, so I just put it here, what’s your opinion on the youtubers like Ruby Granger, Eve Cornwell, unjaded jade and Jack Edwards?

Personally, the four seem like lovely people which after watching a few of their videos, however, they all seem quite the same, rich, middle classed white people who had family that were able to help them get to where they are. It does annoy me how they talk about how some of them were bullied, which I get, it’s their struggles and such, but at the end of the day, they get to go home to a happy family and stuff. I would probably appreciate the group more if there was a bit more diversity, but not with just race, but with social backgrounds and struggles faced.

Eve particularly gets on my nerves because she thrifts, but is perfectly able to buy clothes so that less well off people can have the donated clothes, But as long as she’s aware that those who were less well off than her were bullied for wearing charity/2nd hand clothes were often mocked for it before it became a trend, then I suppose it’s okay, as she’s adding business to the shops.
Last edited by studentuser2734; 7 months ago
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I have similar opinions. Nothing against them, but not a lot of what they say actually fits in with my life in particular. I am subscribed to Unjaded Jade (haven't watched Ruby, Eve or Jack yet) and ngl, some of her tips are helpful, but I only take the ones which I find useful. For instance, I'm not following her 5am morning routine because it's not something that would work for me in the long run.

I agree that there needs to be more diversity in British Study YouTubers. I'm sure that there are more out there that don't have such a mass following at the moment, but there will be in time to come.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by studentuser2734)
Wasn’t sure where to put this, so I just put it here, what’s your opinion on the youtubers like Ruby Granger, Eve Cornwell, unjaded jade and Jack Edwards?

Personally, the four seem like lovely people which after watching a few of their videos, however, they all seem quite the same, rich, middle classed white people who had family that were able to help them get to where they are. It does annoy me how they talk about how some of them were bullied, which I get, it’s their struggles and such, but at the end of the day, they get to go home to a happy family and stuff. I would probably appreciate the group more if there was a bit more diversity, but not with just race, but with social backgrounds and struggles faced.

Eve particularly gets on my nerves because she thrifts, but is perfectly able to buy clothes so that less well off people can have the donated clothes, But as long as she’s aware that those who were less well off than her were bullied for wearing charity/2nd hand clothes were often mocked for it before it became a trend, then I suppose it’s okay, as she’s adding business to the shops.
good role models at time, but while motivational can set unrealistic targets e.g. 15 hours study with me also bit too much drama to rack up views e.g. crying about exams then getting an A* ( no hate, just my opinion)
Proxenus
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Name:  uni thumbnail.png
Views: 220
Size:  98.7 KB

27th feb
JanaT.
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

I really like Ibz Mo, his videos are just so fun to watch and are really helpful, at least for me. He is not originally from the UK but lives and studies there.
help_me_123
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

I think that they are nice people their videos are useful and i am jealous of their motivation and that but some just post videos like "i didnt get into oxford" "i got all 9s " and it makes me feel dumb i got a 4 on my english and people are expecting me to get 8s but i dont know how i feel like everyone will be disapointed in me after achieving sixes as i am expected to get 8s in all subjects and i have no idea why , my targets are based off my sats that i did 5 years ago . Help me
HateOCR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

Even though i can’t relate to them i still appreciate the fact that they were able to use their privileges to help students across the country with their studies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (46)
26.9%
No (125)
73.1%

Watched Threads