The Student Room Group

Civil Service Transfers?

Hi,

Does anyone know whether or not it is possible to transfer between departments within the civil service but from a higher to a lower grade? The only information I can see is with regards to a promotion. Has anyone done it before!?

Thanks
I don't think it's a problem. There may be a question around what salary you get though and how that can or can't be matched
Original post by -=|Jay|=-
I don't think it's a problem. There may be a question around what salary you get though and how that can or can't be matched

That makes sense, thank you for your reply :smile:
I think you still have to apply for the job still as they need to go through the recruitment process. Is that right? Why are you looking at going lower grade?
Original post by Simonthegreat
I think you still have to apply for the job still as they need to go through the recruitment process. Is that right? Why are you looking at going lower grade?

I was initially a lower grade but accepted a promotion in another civil service department, however it hasn't worked out as planned and actually the conditions were much better where i was before. So I want to transfer back to the department I was in but the higher grades aren't recruited as regularly, so my best way in again would be by applying for the lower grade. I just can't find any information to see if it's actually possible before I try

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending