AQA GCSE Religious Studies A Paper 2 8062/2A and 2B - 20 May 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Watch
x_tanzim
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can someone help me with the themes, I don't know how to revise it, learn it or answer the questions

I'm doing Christianity and Islam, Themes A, B, D and E

Thank you
Hfsassy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I'm doing three of the same themes as you
Hfsassy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
And what I'm planning to do for them is try and learn all the definitions (you can get a vocab list for each theme and religion) as well as make notes (mindmaps are amazing) by going through my book and revision guide. I also have a specific " main colour" scheme for each theme (so Crime and punishment is a sort of toned down green whereas A is pink) as I find colours help me revise.
For the questions (sorry some of them are short, I don't have much time lol):
Q2: you can get away with writing a sentence or even two words. The command word is "give" so no explanation required.
Q3: Some Christians agree with the death penalty where the murderer is a serial killer. The Catechism of the Catholic Church accepts it if it is the only way to defend society from such a person. Many other Christians, though, believe that society should never give up hope of
reforming even the worst offender. He or she can then contribute valuable to society.
(got this off the aqa examplar). This got 4 marks. The question is always going to ask you to either compare or show similarities to two different religions (Catholicism and Christianity can count as different in this case).
Q4: 5 marks awarded for two developed points plus accurate reference to scripture (this is one mark!). The time allocated to these questions is a maximum of five minutes.
Q5: It is important that you do all the bullet points! Top tip: even if you haven't finished but still have about 2 minutes left, scribble your opinion down and say why. E.G: "In conclusion, while war can help countries gain new lands, I believe war is never right, as not only does it cost a lot of money to finance (money which could be used elsewhere) it takes unnecessary lives." That took me about a minute to do and the examiners given me a mark for justified (it has two arguments) conclusion even if I've waffled on mostly about the benefits of war and one disadvantage.
Twelve Mark Questions Mark Scheme Criteria
Level 4:
A well-argued response, reasoned consideration of different points of view. Logical chains of reasoning leading to judgement(s) supported
by knowledge and understanding of relevant evidence and information.
Level 3
References to religion applied to the issue. Reasoned consideration of different points of view. Logical chains of reasoning that draw on knowledge and
understanding of relevant evidence and information. Clear reference to religion.
Level 2:
Reasoned consideration of a point of view. A logical chain of reasoning drawing on knowledge and understanding of relevant evidence and information.
OR
Recognition of different points of view, each supported by relevant reasons / evidence.
Maximum of Level 2 if there is no reference to religion or the argument is one-sided.
Level 1: (0 m)
Point of view with reason(s) stated in support.
Level 0:
Nothing worthy of credit.

Hope this helped Also, if you've done the 2018 mock could you tell me what the questions are? I'm doing everything the same as you except D (I do C). I need Xtian Practices and the Theme A and C q's esp
Hfsassy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you done your R.S mocks? If so, how did you find them?
Hfsassy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh my god that is so cool! Congrats!! And thanks, that book (is it the one with 2 girls on it? Purple and green?) is the next item on my to-order list!!
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
x_tanzim Hfsassy

Hey guys

I'm going to turn this into the official thread for the GCSE AQA RS Thematic studies paper. I just wanted to know if this was Religious Studies A, B, or the Religious Studies short course that you are studying?

Let me know!
Hfsassy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is A
(Original post by Evil Homer)
x_tanzim Hfsassy GetTheLondonLook

Hey guys

I'm going to turn this into the official thread for the GCSE AQA RS Thematic studies paper. I just wanted to know if this was Religious Studies A, B, or the Religious Studies short course that you are studying?

Let me know!
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hfsassy)
This is A
Thanks!!
waterbrainomg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone does this paper ik you lot have the year 11s that left if so can someone please tell me the questions to the themes
religion and life
religion peace and conflict that came up in the 2019 paper i need them for practice

thanks x
waterbrainomg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
WHERES the unofficial mark scheme for the thematic studies paper?!!!! someone dm me it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (44)
15.88%
I'm not sure (8)
2.89%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (98)
35.38%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.44%
I'm not a current university student (123)
44.4%

Watched Threads