IS bride has her UK citizenship REVOKED Watch

paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheNamesBond.)
Thank fu*k is all I’ve got to say really.

Besides that, the family of Shamima will be challenging this decision, who do they think they are, your daughters a risk to our countries security, do you think we’re going to be sympathetic to your scenario and risk lives of our own here on UK soil? No.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hHwaoNViXmI
The father is a follower of a certain Mr Choudry
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ItsTomii)
Lmao, good for Tunisia. Fortunately, we actually care about our safety and don’t bend over backwards for everyone when pressed by media.
They tend to want to kill the opposing sect or westerners so that should probably only kill their tourist sector 👀
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Nalk1573)
This was a vicious witch-hunt by people who wanted to show off their moral superiority
and show how "British" they are so they could boost their pathetic ego and feel better about themselves for 5 minutes.
Well we know who’s side you’re on.

Isis or your country.... difficult choice that. 🙄
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ANM775)
I don't get why she didn't just go to Turkey and get on the next plane back rather than publically announce she wants to come back and then make such unfavourable pro terrorism remarks

Yeah she would have been arrested as soon as she got off the plane, but she'd still have got her wish

She's deluded if she thought she could come back to the UK with no repercussions whatsoever
She wouldn’t be allowed to fly due to how pregnant she was
paul514
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by proton & neutron)
She was born and grow up in London (Bethnal Green) so is not a naturalised British citizen and there is no evidence she is actively a citizen of Bangladesh (even if she is entitled to make a claim for it by decent in many countries this can be at there discretion).

Isn't anyone alarmed by the precedent this set and I sure it against many international treaties this country has signed to make people stateless?
NO.
mgi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by paul514)
NO.
No.
nulli tertius
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by The RAR)
True, if she does not have Bangladeshi citizenship (which by the sounds of it, doesn't look like it) then Sajid Javid shot himself in the foot a little as he did an illegal act under international law which is making her stateless
If she doesn't have dual citizenship, or rather Javid cannot prove she does, he will have committed an illegal act under British law.

What will be interesting is whether the courts make it easy to challenge this decision. There are formidable procedural obstacles to an appeal with a lot of delay, but the High Court could choose to admit a judicial review brought by her parents short circuiting the normal appeal processes.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Be interesting to see the legal basis as that is bound to be challenged. I thought it was illegal to make someone stateless?
I dont want her back as she is a traitor to this country, but not sure how they are going to justify this one when hundreds of actual fighters have made it back to the UK.
much more complicated though if the person feels encouraged by Isis and is recruited by them. Terrorist sympathisers don't get to decide whether they become stateless having clearly broken British and international law.
nulli tertius
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mgi)
much more complicated though if the person feels encouraged by Isis and is recruited by them. Terrorist sympathisers don't get to decide whether they become stateless having clearly broken British and international law.
Those are largely irrelevant. Javid has to be satisfied that deprivation of her citizenship is conducive to the public good but I can't believe that troubled him for very long. All the other relevant questions concern her citizenships and how she acquired them and are nothing to do with her engagement with ISIS.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by nulli tertius)
If she doesn't have dual citizenship, or rather Javid cannot prove she does, he will have committed an illegal act under British law.

What will be interesting is whether the courts make it easy to challenge this decision. There are formidable procedural obstacles to an appeal with a lot of delay, but the High Court could choose to admit a judicial review brought by her parents short circuiting the normal appeal processes.
I presume Javid checked the legality of revoking a British Citizenship. If she appeals it will take years to be dealt with and let's hope that Ms Begum gets huge legal bills rather than the taxpayer!
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mgi)
Not seeing your point or relevance.
What we do know is its illegal for the UK to make her stateless.
Simbasoul
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I wonder if Javid was advised that yes, there may be a legal challenge, but possibly the repercussions of the case might deter others from making immature decisions as minors, to travel to Syria?
nulli tertius
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mgi)
I presume Javid checked the legality of revoking a British Citizenship. If she appeals it will take years to be dealt with and let's hope that Ms Begum gets huge legal bills rather than the taxpayer!
I think there is a 40% chance that within a month Javid will have lost a judicial review and be on the receiving end of an order to provide her and her child with consular assistance.
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
Those are largely irrelevant. Javid has to be satisfied that deprivation of her citizenship is conducive to the public good but I can't believe that troubled him for very long. All the other relevant questions concern her citizenships and how she acquired them and are nothing to do with her engagement with ISIS.
So from being surprised by this yesterday (I assumed she was solely a UK citizen) it all sounds a bit murky from the news this morning. It seems there may be a distinction between having actual dual citizenship or potential citizenship. Javid seems to have expanded it to the latter, but surely if she has only one active citizenship, then if that is withdrawn she becomes stateless? Wait to see what the courts say.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You are right but the term “naturalisation” in the Convention may be wider than the same term under the British Nationality Act. Terms often have autonomous meanings in international law.
That's true. I imagine the answer is found in an expensive practitioner text. Will leave that to you and yours; but I am interested in seeing HO's legal arguments when they finally come out.
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

(Original post by Nadia19962)
Think this has got to be the best decision that the the home office has done. For once they actually they actually listened to the public. Her recent interview proved that she is idiotic and still a threat to the country and the world. When she said she didn’t regret joining ISIS and when she made the comment about the Manchester attack, I think that was when the home office decided to revoke her citizenship (I hope her parents are next as they didn’t help either). Thousands if not millions of people’s lives have been destroyed in Iraq, Syria and the U.K. and around the world because of this group. And she says she doesn’t regret it? She can rot in hell
Yes. I agree and her comments were not smart!
ItsTomii
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
If they do a legal challenge will she keep producing intensely memey content? 'cause I'm low key gonna miss things like this:
Who says it has to end
proton & neutron
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by mgi)
Why would he care if what he has done is illegal, it creates a good bit of dog whistle blowing and drama other than the government poor handling of brexit for the press to talk and work people up about.

Let not forget the prime minister attempted to use the royal prerogative to repeal acts of parliament to invoke article 50 ignoring the whole idea of parliamentary sovereignty (i.e. this country's constitution) with the importance of the English civil war and glorious revolution I find it hard to believe she didn't know the courts would have stopped her and she deafening silence when the tabloid press attacked the independence of our judiciary and launched personal attack like the dog whistle homophobia in the headline regarding 1 of the judges behaviour you would expect in a military dictatorship not a representative democracy.

It's alarming how people are being so blasé to the fact the British government have revoked the citizenship of someone who was born, grow up and only lived in the UK who appear not to have ever actively held another nationality although for some reason I don't think they would have dared revoking Samantha Lewthwaite's British Citizenship even though she actively held other nationalities.

Then Ms Begum child is still a British citizen.
ItsTomii
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I can’t stop myself.
Homo Fuge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Good. We don’t want her back here so that she can raise more terrorist brood here.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (128)
17.9%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.21%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.2%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.79%
How can I be the best version of myself? (218)
30.49%

Watched Threads