GCSE's in 11 weeks & stressing (please give feedback)

Watch
damhashj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Anyone have advice of what I should do?
I'm doing Maths, Eng Lang, Eng Lit, History, Geography, French, Chemistry, Biology, Physics & RE
I would appreciate it massively if someone could give advice on what to do for each subject - I have done a lot of science revision and almost finished the syllabus but I only started history & geography last week.
I don't know what to do for Eng Lang & Lit.
matthew0401
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For English lit I wrote up a page for each theme of the text I was studying, so for Macbeth I would write a page on 'ambition' with a bit about how and when it's demonstrated with some quotes to back it up. I did this for all the themes and for the texts. Poetry wise, for each poem write a poem to compare it to, three similarities and three differences, so for every poem you know which you would compare it to and how. That's what I did anyway, hope this helps.
x.emilye
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by damhashj)
Anyone have advice of what I should do?
I'm doing Maths, Eng Lang, Eng Lit, History, Geography, French, Chemistry, Biology, Physics & RE
I would appreciate it massively if someone could give advice on what to do for each subject - I have done a lot of science revision and almost finished the syllabus but I only started history & geography last week.
I don't know what to do for Eng Lang & Lit.
For English, try doing some practice questions and asking teachers for feedback. Read sample answers to see how you could approach the question. It's also useful to do essay plans for as many questions as possible so that you cover as many possible questions as you can

Also, check this out for some more advice https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/rev...stay-motivated
coolio333
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So for Eng Lit, I created a theme page. I do Romeo and Juliet, Animal Farm, A Christmas carol and for each theme in the book I divide an a4 page into 4 sections. Each section is titled: 3 Main essay points, Historical Context, Quotes, & Deeper meaning (which means what like each essay point means and where the theme is seen in the book/play). Good luck
damhashj
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by coolio333)
So for Eng Lit, I created a theme page. I do Romeo and Juliet, Animal Farm, A Christmas carol and for each theme in the book I divide an a4 page into 4 sections. Each section is titled: 3 Main essay points, Historical Context, Quotes, & Deeper meaning (which means what like each essay point means and where the theme is seen in the book/play). Good luck
Hi, thanks for your reply. Can you clarify what you mean by essay points? Is it like 'amibition is macbeths fatal flaw' or whatever?
coolio333
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So bascially I don't Macbeth for e.g for ROMEO and Juliet, for the theme "love" one of my 3 essay points will be "Shakespeare presents Love as irrational and ridiculous" -
to support that essay point I find 2/3 good quotes and place theme in the "Quotes" section,
I would then put 2 bullet points in the "Deeper Meaning" section summarising what I would say for that paragraph e.g. 1. Rome and Juliet's love is irrational through the way in which... 2. We also see romantic love as irrational through...
then include historical context on the whole theme of Love overall in the historical context section

&& for Eng Lang literally a past paper every week, no real way to revise
(Original post by damhashj)
Hi, thanks for your reply. Can you clarify what you mean by essay points? Is it like 'amibition is macbeths fatal flaw' or whatever?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads