The Student Room Group

I reuined my new partners birthday

Hi All,

On Friday it was my new boyfriends birthday we have only known each other since December but have been getting along great.

On Friday we were drinking for hours whilst out admittedly I am a terrible lightweight and genuinely couldn’t tell you how I’m still alive with the amount of alcohol I consummed.

To the point when we arrived at the final night club this is based purely on what I have been told because I do not remember personally. But we arrived I was refused entry because I was too drunk my boyfriend decided to leave me outside this club and carry on with his friends.

Eventually I gained entry into this club and apparently ran at him hitting and kicking him. He is now obviously very angry but I think more embarrassed by the fact that so many people he knew whitnessed what happened. His now questioning weather we should carry on with the relationship.

I personally care for him very dearly and until that night with the amount of time we have spent together I would have said he did have my back.

I understand that hitting anyone drunk or sober is just plain wrong and I feel so disgusted within myself.

But the fact that I was left outside the club heavily intoxicated and alone as obviously I wasn’t with anyone else besides my boyfriend must have sent a mental rage through me which caused me to just run at him.

I’m just not sure what to do.... let it go or try make it work?
Original post by Rosalette89
Hi All,

On Friday it was my new boyfriends birthday we have only known each other since December but have been getting along great.

On Friday we were drinking for hours whilst out admittedly I am a terrible lightweight and genuinely couldn’t tell you how I’m still alive with the amount of alcohol I consummed.

To the point when we arrived at the final night club this is based purely on what I have been told because I do not remember personally. But we arrived I was refused entry because I was too drunk my boyfriend decided to leave me outside this club and carry on with his friends.

Eventually I gained entry into this club and apparently ran at him hitting and kicking him. He is now obviously very angry but I think more embarrassed by the fact that so many people he knew whitnessed what happened. His now questioning weather we should carry on with the relationship.

I personally care for him very dearly and until that night with the amount of time we have spent together I would have said he did have my back.

I understand that hitting anyone drunk or sober is just plain wrong and I feel so disgusted within myself.

But the fact that I was left outside the club heavily intoxicated and alone as obviously I wasn’t with anyone else besides my boyfriend must have sent a mental rage through me which caused me to just run at him.

Give him space. You were physically abusive towards him, so he needs time to reconsider if he wants to be with you. You should use this time to learn from this, and learn your limits with alcohol. I do think it's right to be annoyed that he left you alone, however of course it doesn't justify physically attacking him. Give him time to think.
Hi All,

He is going to dump you. And I don't blame him
You should probably expect the worst.
I don't condone you attacking him but leaving a drunk young woman outside by herself is awful. He can't care for you that much if he was willing to just leave you in that state.
I agree that leaving anyone, male or female alone outside is wrong. Worst case scenario they need to be put in a cab home and someone call and check they made it.

However you got way too drunk to enter the club which tbh takes a hell of a lot for a woman and would have ruined his night anyway if he had to abandon his celebrations to look after you. You also attacked him... I don't think anyone here would be ok with that if it was the other way around.

I would walk away and tbh I guess he will too but you'll have to see.
Reply 6
Hi All,

if he is stupid enough to leave you outside on your own in that state he deserves to be dumped as he has no respect for you at all

Quick Reply

Latest