What impacts where a university ends up on league tables? Watch

D.E.K.U
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
For university league tables that are specific to subjects what are they rated on?
Sataris
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Most league tables will be explicit about the criteria. Usually things like reputation, quality of teaching, entry standards, student satisfaction, student:staff ratio, % in work/further education after six months...
D.E.K.U
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sataris)
Most league tables will be explicit about the criteria. Usually things like reputation, quality of teaching, entry standards, student satisfaction, student:staff ratio, % in work/further education after six months...
OOOH ok thank you!!
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Google ‘Research Excellence Framework’. And there’s other factors such as the percentage of Firsts awarded to undergraduates, - an entirely unreliable metric as the universities can manipulate that more readily than most other variables. Published league tables tend to include an explanation of the assessment criteria.
D.E.K.U
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrSocSciences)
Google ‘Research Excellence Framework’. And there’s other factors such as the percentage of Firsts awarded to undergraduates, - an entirely unreliable metric as the universities can manipulate that more readily than most other variables. Published league tables tend to include an explanation of the assessment criteria.
OMG thanks so much this is so helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (41)
13.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (26)
8.58%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (61)
20.13%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (44)
14.52%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (36)
11.88%
How can I be the best version of myself? (95)
31.35%

Watched Threads