Shared bathrooms? Watch

D.E.K.U
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Which would you suggest getting shared or en-suite?
For those who shared did you find it difficult? How many people did you have to share between?
TheJohnM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Currently share with 4 people. The toilet gets blocked about once every 2 weeks(we have 2 toilets so it’s not a problem but still grim). The staff unclog it the same day.

I’ve also put my thigh on period blood because a girl left it on the seat and I didn’t realize ...again quite grim. lol

...and they say guys are messy. I’m pretty sure it’s the vegan girl that keeps blocking the toilet too.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Frigateer
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I have IBS and often stay in the bathroom for 40+ minutes or need to get in there urgently, so personally I always go for an ensuite if possible. However I'm currently sharing a bathroom with 3 other people (all lads, though there was a girl living here before) and apart from having to sweep pubes off the seat regulary, I've not had any problems with it. It's a bit filthy but not excessively so, but I might just have found good housemates. I've also never had a problem with getting in the bathroom in an emergency, however we have a second toilet if I really need to.

Personally I'd go for an ensuite though if you can afford it. I've heard too manny housemate horror stories, and getting in there whenever you want and not having to worry about other people replacing the toilet paperor the state the room is left in, etc., personally outweight the costs.
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ensuite. Shared sounds sooooooo gross, I feel bad for anyone who has to go into shared for financial reasons.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (146)
18.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
9.91%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (133)
16.9%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (113)
14.36%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (77)
9.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (240)
30.5%

Watched Threads