The Student Room Group

German medical and dentistry courses

Hey guys,
I am in dire need of some information and any help would be much appreciated.
I would like to know the current procedures for the German application system. So I know there are three ways in which you may be admitted for a place in med/dentistry: a levels, social criteria and finally depending on waiting semesters (applications depending on the number of semesters you have not enrolled in any mode of German university study and wish to apply). I am more curious about the last method. I had heard recently that a cap/limit will be put in place regarding the maximum number of waiting semesters. However I can not seem to find much information regarding this. Could anyone inform me of what this cap being put in place would include please. For example, last semester I saw some students were accepted to German medical schools with 16 waiting semesters. And I am currently on 15 semesters. However, if this cap is put in place and is for example 14 I want to know whether it's worth me continuing to wait (thereby increasing my chances of being accepted) or immatriculate in another course.
I would really appreciate any light that may be shed on this criteria.
I thank you in advance
Kind regards

Quick Reply

Latest