The Student Room Group

both my bestfriends just started dating is it bad that i want them to breakup

i just lowkey feel soo left out, like they are waaaaay closer now they have hooked up done everything i just feel like a third wheel idk

i try not to care but it bothers me
You can't help how you feel, but all the same, try to be happy for them. Don't worry - the first intense burst of single-minded romantic love doesn't last forever. Once it's over, they'll regain some interest in the other people in their lives, including you.

You just have to ensure that they still want to be friends with you by that point, by not saying or doing anything hurtful out of wanting them to break up.
(edited 5 years ago)
I know how u feel, my guy friend has started dating someone and I'm not happy about it either. All I can say is just try and find someone for yourself and make new friends.
Try not to think of them as a couple and instead as two individual people - because that's what they are. They're still both your friends and will enjoy spending time with you. There are differences between romantic relationships and platonic friendships - but they are both very important and fulfil different social needs.

I hang out with my best friend (of 24yrs) and her fiancé. I treat them exactly the same together as I would treat them when they're apart. Sure she spends less time with me now that she did before they started dating - but he makes her so happy and treats her right and that's all I could ever want for her
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending