A drunken night out has left me depressed and ashamed Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thank you for reading in advance.
I went out with my boyfriend and two of our friends the other night to the pub. I don't know how it happened but I was an absolute mess. Apparently I was really annoying my boyfriend and telling him I don't like him repeatedly (no idea why) and we had a huge argument because I really upset him. He's ok with me now and is telling me to forget it but I can't. I've been depressed in my bed for two days - I can't stop crying, I can't stop thinking about what an embarrassment I am. I'm not proud of myself or of my life and I feel like I can never see those friends again - what was I saying to them? I can't remember anything. I hate myself. Why did I get in such a state? I don't know how to move on from this. I've skipped Uni the past two days and am falling behind on my work already, all because of this one stupid night out.
VegetableMarvell
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Everyone does stupid things when they are drunk. Apologize to your friends and boyfriend, and then probably take the piss out of yourself a bit. If you can laugh at yourself, other people can too. If that's the worse thing you've done drunk, you're going to be okay, honestly.
Anonymous #1
Thank you, I hope so x
saskiagalea
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't be too hard on yourself! Everyone makes mistakes, and gets carried away with things sometimes! Just apologize to the people you may have hurt and everything will be just fine. As the user above said, people don't tend to take things as seriously when you can laugh at yourself, and make a joke about what happened. Try and see light in the situation and take it as a learning experience. Nothing to be ashamed of!
LA_211
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Everybody does Stupid S##T when they are drunk, I once tried to jump on top of a parked car (not my proudest moment) so you know, could be much worse
VegetableMarvell
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LA_211)
Everybody does Stupid S##T when they are drunk, I once tried to jump on top of a parked car (not my proudest moment) so you know, could be much worse
Haha, I was thinking of all the terrible things I've done when drunk. The OP has nothing to worry about compared to the sh*t I've done.
Anonymous #1
Thanks everyone, you've actually made me feel a lot better!
arigziegler
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by VegetableMarvell)
Haha, I was thinking of all the terrible things I've done when drunk. The OP has nothing to worry about compared to the sh*t I've done.
You and me both. With the crap I pull when drunk, I'm half glad when I dont remember it the next morning
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I once got blackout drunk and apparently I told my flatmates (who both have depression) to kill themselves.

So um... could be worse.
Decahedron
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
We have all done things we regret after drinking too much, it is a part of growing up and learning your limits. Just make your apologies and move on.

Just be glad there are no compromising pictures
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (91)
16.52%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (56)
10.16%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (98)
17.79%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15.25%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
9.8%
How can I be the best version of myself? (168)
30.49%

Watched Threads