Should Britain's 23,000 Jihadists have their UK Citizenship revoked? Watch

Poll: Should Britain's 23,000 Jihadists have their UK Citizenship revoked?
Yes (26)
78.79%
No (7)
21.21%
Jaieko1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
According to Intelligence Officers, the UK is home to 23,000 Jihadist extremists. In the wake of the IS teenager having her citizenship revoked, should the same be done to the 23,000 jihadists living in the UK?

Quote from TheTimes.co.uk:
"Intelligence officers have identified 23,000 jihadist extremists living in Britain as potential terrorist attackers, it emerged yesterday."
Last edited by Jaieko1; 3 weeks ago
Ascend
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It would be good to provide a fuller overview of the Times' claim as well as what constitutes a "jihadist extremist".
TheNamesBond.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Could you provide some reference to these claims.
Jaieko1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ascend)
It would be good to provide a fuller overview of the Times' claim as well as what constitutes a "jihadist extremist".
thetimes.co.uk/article/huge-scale-of-terror-threat-revealed-uk-home-to-23-000-jihadists-3zvn58mhq

I'm sure Intelligence Officers are capable and would not put them on that list unless they were a significant threat.
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
23,000 hangings I think
Decahedron
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
23,000 hangings I think
Shootings look better.
Ascend
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
23,000 hangings I think
(Original post by Decahedron)
Shootings look better.
How... jihadist of you.
Decahedron
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How... jihadist of you.
No, more Stalinist really.

We already drone strike them when they aren't in the country, why does them being in the UK change matters?
Violet Femme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No.

The 23000 figure refers to an estimate of those who hold extremist views. While the more authoritarian members of TSR may disagree, I prefer not to live in a society that punishes people for thought crimes.
Nalk1573
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It happens already.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39348270
https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/rare-co...orted/41171994
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...never-lived-in
https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/artic...-never-been-to
https://abcnews.go.com/International...ry?id=53388009

There are many cases of people deported to a country they have never been to.

But I want people to look at the bigger picture, which is this.
This is a media created mob mentality for insecure people worried about their "British identity".
Last edited by Nalk1573; 3 weeks ago
Jaieko1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Abu 'Abdullah)
Getting rid of root causes of terrorism is what we need rather than more tougher measures
That would involve banning Islam. Some Muslims interpret Islam in a good way, some interpret it in a bad way. As long as there is Islam there will be terrorism.
ProgrammerC
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jaieko1)
That would involve banning Islam. Some Muslims interpret Islam in a good way, some interpret it in a bad way. As long as there is Islam there will be terrorism.
Absolutely! As an ex-Muslim Turkish person, I can say to you that Quran contains many hatred, violence, jihadism, intolerance and ignorance. That's why we should ban this cult. I don't even classify Islam as a religion it is just a dangerous cult and this is NOT my opinion! If you check out the Quran, you'll understand why I'm telling this. I especially feel sorry for the women.
Last edited by ProgrammerC; 3 weeks ago
Faizan111111
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yes
Nalk1573
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jaieko1)
According to Intelligence Officers, the UK is home to 23,000 Jihadist extremists. In the wake of the IS teenager having her citizenship revoked, should the same be done to the 23,000 jihadists living in the UK?

Quote from TheTimes.co.uk:
"Intelligence officers have identified 23,000 jihadist extremists living in Britain as potential terrorist attackers, it emerged yesterday."
to answer your question, no, it doesn't solve the problem.

There are many reasons.

1) Being a jihadi is not the worst crime you can commit, there are many white British people in society who are much worse.
Maybe we should take away citizenship for all criminals, serial killers, sex offenders etc. That would be much better.

2)The problem is the internet - this is where they get their information and ideology, anyone could be a jihadi.

3)A jihadi is too vague, there is no set definition for it.
HighOnGoofballs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Of course, as long as each one gets a fair trial with a jury.
ProgrammerC
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Nalk1573)
to answer your question, no, it doesn't solve the problem.

There are many reasons.

1) Being a jihadi is not the worst crime you can commit, there are many white British people in society who are much worse.
Maybe we should take away citizenship for all criminals, serial killers, sex offenders etc. That would be much better.

2)The problem is the internet - this is where they get their information and ideology, anyone could be a jihadi.

3)A jihadi is too vague, there is no set definition for it.
You're wrong. There is significant difference between a serial killer and a jihadi.

A serial killer commits a crime and that person is a threat for the other humans but a serial killer or another criminal CAN'T harm the UK directly. Because their goal is not the changing the system of the UK. So that, in long-term criminals have nothing to do with your citizenship rights, democracy, government, and Western culture values. That's why their impact on you is temporary because they harmed your personal rights but not to your political system of country.

Let's look at the other person who follows the Quran, a jihadi. He or she must conquer your non-Muslim country and kill the all non-believers except women and girls because they can be used as sex slaves and too young boys will be slaves. Then jihadists will change your system to the Sharia Law. Sounds familiar? That's what terrorists do.

So that, both they kill you if you're a male and destroy your system of the country. Then with Sharia, you'll lose all of your rights such as: citizenship rights, democratic values, freedom of thought-expression, anything that related with your Western culture. Be ready to return the Medieval times!

That's why we can say that: A jihadi > criminal. A jihadi is much much worse than a criminal.

I'm not even from any Western nation but you have laws for the all kind of crimes and cops on the streets to protect the people but unfortunately you do not have anything that can protect your political system of the country. Any person can demand the Sharia in the streets of the Western nations and I absolutely don't think this is a freedom of thought and expression.This is a nightmare for the humanity and it is even worse than Nazis.
Last edited by ProgrammerC; 3 weeks ago
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
How... jihadist of you.
It is only self defence, the jihadists fight for an immoral and incorrect cause we do not
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't think so, no.

The number is actually closer to 3,000. The other 20,000 are those who are basically affiliated with extremism but aren't considered threats themselves.

How many of those 23,000 have actually done anything wrong? If they haven't and we're simply going to deport people for thinking/believing something then why stop as Muslims; shouldn't we also be deporting anyone with extremist views, such as those on the far left or far right? (AperfectBalance I recall you having very extreme views on homosexuality, why shouldn't you be deported?)

Deporting Islamic extremists specifically is nothing more than mob mentality. It only provides comfort for those who are terrified of Islam, nothing more. I don't hear anyone saying we should deport far right extremists despite them also creating acts of terror (see: The United States).

There is also the question of where people are going to be sent to. British extremists don't 'belong' to another country so how exactly would we deport them anyway?
AperfectBalance
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by SHallowvale)
I don't think so, no.

The number is actually closer to 3,000. The other 20,000 are those who are basically affiliated with extremism but aren't considered threats themselves.

How many of those 23,000 have actually done anything wrong? If they haven't and we're simply going to deport people for thinking/believing something then why stop as Muslims; shouldn't we also be deporting anyone with extremist views, such as those on the far left or far right? (AperfectBalance I recall you having very extreme views on homosexuality, why shouldn't you be deported?)

Deporting Islamic extremists specifically is nothing more than mob mentality. It only provides comfort for those who are terrified of Islam, nothing more. I don't hear anyone saying we should deport far right extremists despite them also creating acts of terror (see: The United States).

There is also the question of where people are going to be sent to. British extremists don't 'belong' to another country so how exactly would we deport them anyway?
I could easily be considered far right but I wish no harm on the very vast majority of people, my views on homosexuality are NOT extreme, if you want to be gay go ahead, I dont have to be involved at all and I wish they would keep to themselves (as should straight people) I have expressed distate for flamboyant gays, but that is simmilar to my distaste for hippies and communists just that they use homoexuality as an excuse to be annoying.
nellylindley
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If that is the case, then those that support terrorism and fund jihadis in other countries should also be prosecuted. And I’m not talking about the small fry, but those in the British Government and the Security Services.
In 2009, Roland Dumas, the ex-Foreign Minister of France was called to a meeting by UK government officials about a plan to attack Syria by creating a mercenary army. This was 2 years before the war began. His interview can be found on YouTube.
Ample video evidence displays fighters of every rebel group from ISIS to al-Qaeda in Syria using weapons such as MANPADS and U.S.-made Javelin rocket launchers. While it is possible these weapons were simply captured, some evidence points to the weapons being supplied by the U.S. and this government.
According to a 2014 Washington Post article, the U.S. provided launchers to “moderate” rebel groups like Harakat Hazm (or Movement of Steadfastness) which later joined hardline extremist Levant Front. The Levant Front is a broad coalition consisting of fighters under the banner of numerous terrorist organisations within its ranks.
Headlines such as those on 20 July 2016 from The Telegraph show that US backed rebels beheading a child.
The British government gave £50 million to The White Helmets, the propaganda outfit of ISIS, video evidence again sowed they shared the SAME headquarters as ISIS.
Do you support the actions of OUR government and their allies?
They are much worse than some brainwashed 15 year old's actions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (67)
15.8%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (43)
10.14%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (80)
18.87%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (61)
14.39%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (46)
10.85%
How can I be the best version of myself? (127)
29.95%

Watched Threads