I hate seeing my naked body Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
18yo female. I hate seeing my body whenever I get undressed or shower. It makes me want to cry and I spend hours on end agonising over it. What do I do?
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
Don’t look at it?
Sub_2_WillNE 2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
18yo female. I hate seeing my body whenever I get undressed or shower. It makes me want to cry and I spend hours on end agonising over it. What do I do?
put some clothes on
xDron3
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Turn off the light.
Sub_2_WillNE 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
Get in shape.
2 right amigo
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Love yourself. There's no such thing as a perfect body, and there is so much more to you as a person than what your body looks like. Plenty of people are beautiful on the outside but ugly on the inside. Compared to them, you're very lucky.
Anonymous #1
some of these responses aren't exactly helpful. it's stopping me from doing normal daily activities.
Sub_2_WillNE 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
some of these responses aren't exactly helpful. it's stopping me from doing normal daily activities.
my sincerest of apologies good sir/madame.
hello_shawn
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When people shower they close their eyes for a bit of time, mainly to stop soap and shampoo getting in contact in fact you can shower with your eyes closed throughout, you only need your hands to rub the cleansing stuff over your body, plus it's easy to feel where the shower head and taps are too

Oh and getting changed, it's also possible to do that with your eyes closed. You'll need your eyes open in order to find clean clothes though, so make sure you have them within arms reach
Last edited by hello_shawn; 3 weeks ago
Anonymous #1
I probably should have specified that it's more of a mental toll. I think about it all the time even when I am not naked. I keep finding things that I obsess over. I was wondering what to do?
hello_shawn
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I probably should have specified that it's more of a mental toll. I think about it all the time even when I am not naked. I keep finding things that I obsess over. I was wondering what to do?
Oh then that requires some form of CBT
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by hello_shawn)
Oh then that requires some form of CBT
What does that stand for?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
What does that stand for?
its a type of therapy where they try to change your way of thinking so it's more balanced or healthy
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
To be fair, the guys above who are saying to get in shape aren't entirely wrong. I don't know what shape you are, and it hardly matters. Doing exercise is a great way to improve mental health and self-esteem.
Anonymous #1
To be fair, the guys above who are saying to get in shape aren't entirely wrong. I don't know what shape you are, and it hardly matters. Doing exercise is a great way to improve mental health and self-esteem.
you're right
how do you suppose I start? I haven't ventured out in a while tbh- I don't like being seen
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by RichPiana)
Send me pics so I can examine this in more detail.
That's some ambassadorial professionalism right there.
hello_shawn
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
you're right
how do you suppose I start? I haven't ventured out in a while tbh- I don't like being seen
Smile at people, even those you don't know doesn't mean you necessarily have to talk to them
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That's some ambassadorial professionalism right there.
he surely puts the ass in ambassador

:teehee:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by the bear)
he surely puts the ass in ambassador

:teehee:
well he'll be very happy as mine is pretty big then
Stiff Little Fingers
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Without knowing what your issues with it are, it's hard to give specific advice - if it's weight that's the issue, then while it's difficult, change your diet up. If it's birthmarks and scars, consider ways of changing them and covering them (e.g. tattoos). Body positivity isn't just about learning to love the body you have now, but also about learning to love yourself and have the self-love to make changes that'll make you happier.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (50)
15.15%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (28)
8.48%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (63)
19.09%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (50)
15.15%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (39)
11.82%
How can I be the best version of myself? (100)
30.3%

Watched Threads