The Student Room Group

PGCE Post Compulsory

Hello All,

I have noticed that there are many discussions for the PGCE in primary and secondary, but lack of threads regarding PGCE Post Compulsory. I have applied for Sep 2019 entry, but not yet had my interviews. I have tried to prepare for the upcoming interview, but cannot really find any examples from applicants on what to expect, and how the day will go?
Hi I have a place for September for post compulsory focussing on learning differences and disabilities. For my interview I had to do a research task before attending and proof read a page of text, bringing it on the day with amendments to referencing and grammar. At the interview I did a group discussion task with other candidates before writing an essay on communication in 20 minutes with a piece of research given to me. I also had a short 121 interview.
Each college will probably interview in different ways, I wouldn't worry about having not done it yet as I know a lot of people interview in the summer before the course starts. You also need to find somewhere to do a placement, I found one myself but some colleges will help you to do this. At the moment I'm working on finishing my undergraduate degree this summer.
Let me know if you have any questions, I will try to help.
Original post by cheesymeat
Hi I have a place for September for post compulsory focussing on learning differences and disabilities. For my interview I had to do a research task before attending and proof read a page of text, bringing it on the day with amendments to referencing and grammar. At the interview I did a group discussion task with other candidates before writing an essay on communication in 20 minutes with a piece of research given to me. I also had a short 121 interview.
Each college will probably interview in different ways, I wouldn't worry about having not done it yet as I know a lot of people interview in the summer before the course starts. You also need to find somewhere to do a placement, I found one myself but some colleges will help you to do this. At the moment I'm working on finishing my undergraduate degree this summer.
Let me know if you have any questions, I will try to help.

Hello!

thank you for your message on my thread, I appreciate your time!

Thank you for the information, as currently I have not been given any information regarding the day, or what I might experience. therefore, maybe I should go in and expect the unexpected. In regards to the group element of the interview, was it very interactive and did they observe your participation individually, or how you worked as a group?

If you do not mind me asking; how long after submitting your application, did the university get in contact with you regarding an interview? I only ask as the place I want to go to the most have not yet replied, and its been three weeks, so starting to feel a little anxious, as other choices were more responsive.

Many thanks :smile:
Hi lemon cake, I was sent an email beforehand outlining the day and applied quite early and was told to come in only a few days before my interview. They observed my participation in the group individually and how I worked I the group and it was very interactive. I think it was about a month after application when I was invited to interview. I hope this helps, good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending