The Student Room Group

How do you identify?

As some of you will already know, February is LGBT History Month, and here on TSR we're choosing to dedicate today (20th) to Pride threads! :pride:

This thread looks at how we all identify, if we choose to, be that in terms of sexuality, gender, or both. So do you choose to label/identify a certain way? If so, what do you identify as? :holmes:

Moderation note:

Can people PLEASE think before posting. Your 'joke' might seem funny to you but there are a lot of vulnerable people out there who could be reading even if they're not posting. These people could be on the brink because of being confused/feeling unaccepted and even a joke could push them over the edge. Just be decent human beings and respectful, it shouldn't take much energy. Thanks :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Gay and female 👩*❤️*👩
As Cis-White-Male Hetero scum.
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm a straight woman. XX chromosomes, so I was born female and haven't changed.
Reply 4
I was born a singularity. A void in space. That somehow made a TSR account
Female and pansexual (tend to tell people like my mum I'm bisexual as it's better known and easier for less insightful people to understand). Feel free to ask me any questions :smile: I'm aware that people who identity as Bisexual can be attracted to transgender and gender fluid people too, I just feel like pansexual fits better to show I'm open to any gender :smile:

Always in support of anyone of any sexuality and gender. What I'm not in support of is people taking the **** of something they clearly don't understand are are uneducated in :h: if you don't understand or agree with how someone identifies just be civil and leave them be about it, especially if they're not hurting you :yep:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by BurstingBubbles

Always in support of anyone of any sexuality and gender. What I'm not in support of is people taking the **** of something they clearly don't understand are are uneducated in :h: if you don't understand or agree with how someone identifies just be civil and leave them be about it, especially if they're not hurting you :yep:

Agree
Whilst I don't fully understand non binary and the likes - I do think people conflate gender identity and expression sometimes, like I'm not a man just because I like aftershave and male clothing - am not going to be a **** about it and call them things they don't want to be called. Live and let live as long as you aren't hurting anyone else.
Some predicted replies in this thread already :rolleyes:
Original post by CoolCavy
Agree
Whilst I don't fully understand non binary and the likes - I do think people conflate gender identity and expression sometimes, like I'm not a man just because I like aftershave and male clothing - am not going to be a **** about it and call them things they don't want to be called. Live and let live as long as you aren't hurting anyone else.
Some predicted replies in this thread already :rolleyes:

Exactly people should just be able to feel how they want to. The person knows themself best, how dare anyone else, especially a stranger, tell them otherwise.

Yeah you'd think people would have thought up some more original posts by now :rolleyes:
Pansexual, although I often just say bi for the sake of simplicity as it's a more recognised/understood/accepted term.

Born female. Spent 7 years determined I wanted a sex change - then a couple months before I hit 18 had some sort of epiphany where I learned to just be happy in my own skin. Almost 27 now and I don't even really know - I present as female for consistencies sake but I feel like gender-fluid might be more accurate. I've kept things to myself because I'm not entirely sure what the right term is, don't have the drive to research it, and certainly don't want to confuse people by saying one thing and then realising a little later I was wrong... except for in this post, which is the first time ever I'm trying to put it into words. So thank you for the opportunity. :tongue:
Male and idk lmao. Aro? maybe? **** knows but oh well. lmao
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Exactly people should just be able to feel how they want to. The person knows themself best, how dare anyone else, especially a stranger, tell them otherwise.

Yeah you'd think people would have thought up some more original posts by now :rolleyes:

Exactly :yes:
Ikr, waiting for the 'iM AN AtTaCK hELiCoPTER' :facepalm:
Original post by CoolCavy
Exactly :yes:
Ikr, waiting for the 'iM AN AtTaCK hELiCoPTER' :facepalm:

I think we've had that and removed it for unoriginality... that and it's totally unnecessary and potential upsetting for some users!
Original post by JoshDarnIt
I identify as a cardboard box

:love: mmmmm.... I’m obsessed with cardboard boxes... how ya doin lil guy? :wink: :rofl:
Original post by HopefulAgony37
:love: mmmmm.... I’m obsessed with cardboard boxes... how ya doin lil guy? :wink: :rofl:

I can't answer your question because I'm a cardboard box, and cardboard boxes don't talk.
Bi and Female. :nyan:
I suppose I would call myself bisexual, but labels aren't important to me :smile:
Original post by HopefulAgony37

Hmmmm, so do you identify as a cat?
nonbinary and bi/pan :^)
Human
Why does it matter how we "identify"? We can't identify ourselves - our external appearence defines us, especially on first meeting;

Thus, I am what people see: a white male - with a large beard and androgenic alopecia.

My bisexuality isn't part of my "identity", because you can't see it. Neither is my autism.

Quick Reply