Sheffield hallam either questions 2.0 Watch

Crazythinking
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi Bridget,*
It won't let me reply to you again hopefully you can find this!
Got a few more questions for you if that's ok.*

I was wondering what the holidays are for 2019 and 2020 for adult nursing as I know that we get less holidays then everyone else because of it being an intensive course but I was wondering what these are and whether they are usually the same sort of dates?*

I'm aware that you have a library but was wondering if you have computers as well as printers that students can access?*

And also is there Wi-Fi to connect to in the library as I am thinking of bringing in my tablet to do my coursework on?*

Thanks again for all the help so far, you've been great in helping getting my plan together for uni and helped curve my worries and concerns so much.*

Thanks, Holly*
Sheffield Hallam University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Crazythinking)
Hi Bridget,*
It won't let me reply to you again hopefully you can find this!
Got a few more questions for you if that's ok.*

I was wondering what the holidays are for 2019 and 2020 for adult nursing as I know that we get less holidays then everyone else because of it being an intensive course but I was wondering what these are and whether they are usually the same sort of dates?*

I'm aware that you have a library but was wondering if you have computers as well as printers that students can access?*

And also is there Wi-Fi to connect to in the library as I am thinking of bringing in my tablet to do my coursework on?*

Thanks again for all the help so far, you've been great in helping getting my plan together for uni and helped curve my worries and concerns so much.*

Thanks, Holly*
Hi Crazythinking

I found it! I will get back to you soon about holiday dates for Adult Nursing.

Yes the libraries have computers and printers you can use. You can use your SHU card to print.

And yes you will be able to connect to the Wi-Fi on campus, you will use your SHU logins to access it.

No problem, I am glad to help!

Thanks
Bridget
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi again Crazythinking

The holiday days for adult nursing are planned in advance as they are part of a three year training plan. These training plans are currently been finalised for Sep 2019 students at the moment. The dates may differ to last year’s students plans so we don’t have specific holiday times to share with you at the moment.

When the new student intakes plans are finalised we will be able to forward these on to you to give you more of an idea on what this might look like.

I hope that helps!
Bridget
Crazythinking
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi Bridget,
I was just wondering whether nursing students usually get august off if all the coursework is done? The reason I ask is I have a wedding in august 2020 in Australia.
Thanks,
Holly
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Crazythinking

I will speak to someone from the nursing team and get back to you!

Thanks,
Helen
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Bridget,
I was just wondering whether nursing students usually get august off if all the coursework is done? The reason I ask is I have a wedding in august 2020 in Australia.
Thanks,
Holly
Hi Crazythinking

Here is a link to the nursing training plans. https://www3.shu.ac.uk/hwb/placements/nursing/2013.html
The training plans can sometimes change but if so it isn’t usually a drastic change.

Thanks,
Helen
Crazythinking
Rep:
?
Hi Helen,Thank you so much for getting back to me. I was just wondering does the blue block with the H on the plan stand for holiday and what the c* yellow means please as I'm a bit confused looking at the plan? Does this mean I will have the august off in 2020 as I don't know what the yellow with the star means? Thanks,Holly
Last edited by Crazythinking; 1 month ago
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Helen,Thank you so much for getting back to me. I was just wondering does the blue block with the H on the plan stand for holiday and what the c* yellow means please as I'm a bit confused looking at the plan? Does this mean I will have the august off in 2020 as I don't know what the yellow with the star means? Thanks,Holly
Hi Crazythinking

The white and orange blocks are placement and university weeks. The blocks labelled with a H are holiday weeks and these change each year.

Thanks,
Helen
Crazythinking
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sheffield Hallam University)
Hi Crazythinking

The white and orange blocks are placement and university weeks. The blocks labelled with a H are holiday weeks and these change each year.

Thanks,
Helen
Hi Helen,
thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Does the yellow with the star mean anything different to just the yellow blocks?
thanks,
Holly
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Helen,
thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Does the yellow with the star mean anything different to just the yellow blocks?
thanks,
Holly
Hi Crazythinking

Looking at the training plan and the key at the bottom it looks like you will be in uni that week and will have preparation sessions for the following year.

Thanks,
Helen
beezzy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi my name is Beth,

I made Sheffield Hallam my firm choice today, when could i start applying for accommodation?

Thanks!
  •  Official Rep
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi beezzy

You can apply for accommodation now! https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/acc...-when-to-apply

Let me know if you have any questions about the process!

Bridget
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (179)
22.83%
The paper was reasonable (366)
46.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (146)
18.62%
It was TERRIBLE (93)
11.86%

Watched Threads