University of Leeds Postgrad applications Watch

tashalouiise_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hellooooo!

So I'm wanting to apply to UoL to do MSc Cognitive Development and Disorders, and was wondering if anyone had any general tips on writing a postgrad personal statement? I am well aware it will be nothing like my undergrad one and so have been researching into it, but if anyone has any tips they would be very appreciated!
kayleighisonfire
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm a current postgrad at Leeds uni. For my application I just stated why I wanted to apply for the course, I also mentioned the modules that interested me and how the course linked to my future career plans. What they really want to know is that you understand what the course entails.
tashalouiise_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by kayleighisonfire)
I'm a current postgrad at Leeds uni. For my application I just stated why I wanted to apply for the course, I also mentioned the modules that interested me and how the course linked to my future career plans. What they really want to know is that you understand what the course entails.
Did you have an interview for your course? What are you studying if you don't mind me asking?
joannem26
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tashalouiise_)
Hellooooo!

So I'm wanting to apply to UoL to do MSc Cognitive Development and Disorders, and was wondering if anyone had any general tips on writing a postgrad personal statement? I am well aware it will be nothing like my undergrad one and so have been researching into it, but if anyone has any tips they would be very appreciated!
Hey Tasha! I received an offer to Leeds for the MSc Organisational Psychology. I discussed my interest in the field and what things I have done regarding organisational psychology - e.g. my work experience and what key things it has taught me and how it led me to organisational psychology. I mentioned my personal traits and their fit to the course's requirements (e.g. stress/demands etc) and the subject itself. I then started a new paragraph and spoke about what interests me about the course at Leeds specifically. Finally I spoke about my dissertation and my future goals (e.g. wanting to complete a PhD and the areas in organisational psychology im interested in etc). I finished with a closing sentence (e.g. thank them for considering your offer/exclaim the excitement you have towards receiving a reply etc)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (114)
17.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.66%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (111)
17.16%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (96)
14.84%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (194)
29.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed