The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan for EU student?

Hi! I know this question has probably been asked a thousand times, I've been doing quite a lot of research about maintenance loans for EU students and have not been able to find anyone in a similar situation to mine. So, I am due to start uni this September, however, I have only lived in the UK for 4 years and 2 months, therefore by the time September comes around I will be off by 3 months. BUT! My mum has been working and living in the UK ever since the first day we moved to England, which is why I was wondering if I will qualify for the family member of an EU migrant loan (I think that's what it's called) anyway, I haven't heard of anyone who has received that loan specifically so... if I do qualify for it, what are the chances of actually being successful and getting the loan? Did any of you guys have to go through this process/ received that loan? So sorry for the length of this! I'm just so terrified I'm gonna have to wait a full year just because of a couple of months!! thank u!!!
Original post by PaulaMaleno
Hi! I know this question has probably been asked a thousand times, I've been doing quite a lot of research about maintenance loans for EU students and have not been able to find anyone in a similar situation to mine. So, I am due to start uni this September, however, I have only lived in the UK for 4 years and 2 months, therefore by the time September comes around I will be off by 3 months. BUT! My mum has been working and living in the UK ever since the first day we moved to England, which is why I was wondering if I will qualify for the family member of an EU migrant loan (I think that's what it's called) anyway, I haven't heard of anyone who has received that loan specifically so... if I do qualify for it, what are the chances of actually being successful and getting the loan? Did any of you guys have to go through this process/ received that loan? So sorry for the length of this! I'm just so terrified I'm gonna have to wait a full year just because of a couple of months!! thank u!!!

Hi Paula,

You can apply as a child of a Migrant Worker. If you're over 21 years old, we need to see evidence that you are still financially dependant on this parent. You can also apply as Migrant Worker yourself if you are working and planning to work throughout your studies.

Otherwise, you can push your academic intake until you have met the criteria which would be either the January 2020 intake or the April 2020 intake which ever is relevant depending on your dates. This would still be a 19/20 application.

Regards,
Nihad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending