Warwick or Bath for Engineering Watch

aryanagarwaal
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
hey guys! I'm an international student holding offer from Warwick for Automotive engineering and bath for Mechanical engineering with auto. I want to make my career in the auto industry in UK. which of these two do you think will help me better in achieving that?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
pi=e
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Either it won’t matter. Just pick the one you like more. Warwick does have the NAIC (National Automotive Innovation Centre) recently built, not sure how much of an effect this has on you as an undergrad though.
aryanagarwaal
Rep:
?
(Original post by pi=e)
Either it won’t matter. Just pick the one you like more. Warwick does have the NAIC (National Automotive Innovation Centre) recently built, not sure how much of an effect this has on you as an undergrad though.
i just checked out the summer research internships opportunities for undergraduate and Warwick turned out to have great projects in the automotive sector. also that Warwick much much more research facilities in campus comparatively. though idk about Warwick's reputation for engineering
Last edited by aryanagarwaal; 4 weeks ago
pi=e
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by aryanagarwaal)
i just checked out the summer research internships opportunities for undergraduate and Warwick turned out to have great projects in the automotive sector. also that Warwick much much more research facilities in campus comparatively. though idk about Warwick's reputation for engineering
Warwick does have a better rep overall than Bath, not sure if it’s better for engineering specifically but I’d imagine it’s a similar story. Rep doesn’t really matter for engineering. One could go Cambridge and another could go city; they will still end up in similar positions. I think the research opportunities & internships available at Warwick might be a big benefit though.
aryanagarwaal
Rep:
?
(deleted)
Last edited by aryanagarwaal; 4 weeks ago
Doones
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Why have you started another thread on this? You finished your original thread saying you would be firming Bath. And insuring Loughborough.

What has changed your mind?

Have you visited both? You are investing a lot of money, especially as an international, and visiting is a good way through see what you are actually buying...

Posted from TSR Mobile
aryanagarwaal
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=aryanagarwaal;81983714]
(Original post by pi=e)
Warwick does have a better rep overall than Bath, not sure if it’s better for engineering specifically but I’d imagine it’s a similar story. Rep doesn’t really matter for engineering. One could go Cambridge and another could go city; they will still end up in similar positions. I think the research opportunities
thanks for the info mate!
aryanagarwaal
Rep:
?
(Original post by Doonesbury)
Why have you started another thread on this? You finished your original thread saying you would be firming Bath. And insuring Loughborough.

What has changed your mind?

Have you visited both? You are investing a lot of money, especially as an international, and visiting is a good way through see what you are actually buying...

Posted from TSR Mobile
i was looking at wmg and got to know a lot about it today
Doones
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i was looking at wmg and got to know a lot about it today
Have you visited Warwick and Bath?

Posted from TSR Mobile
aryanagarwaal
Rep:
?
Have you visited Warwick and Bath?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i can't
Doones
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i can't
You have until May, or June (as an international) to decide.

So you haven't visited any of your choices? The cost of a flight is not prohibitive compared to your international fees.

Also Bath, mech eng outcomes:
https://www.bath.ac.uk/publications/...ering-2017.pdf

Posted from TSR Mobile
nmun
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Also consider the city itself. Makes a big difference how you feel. Bath is full of arrogant rugby lads and stuck up fake people.Its very busy if you're trying to drive around and you will be trapped in the 1970's. Just something to consider.
Doones
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by nmun)
Also consider the city itself. Makes a big difference how you feel. Bath is full of arrogant rugby lads and stuck up fake people.Its very busy if you're trying to drive around and you will be trapped in the 1970's. Just something to consider.
That's rubbish. And Bristol is next door if OP fancies a change of scenery.

Posted from TSR Mobile
nmun
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That's rubbish. And Bristol is next door if OP fancies a change of scenery.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It isn't unfortunately. There are some alright people in Bath but it is a time warp with snobs galore. Better to be in Bristol and for a change of scenery go to Bath, enjoy the Georgian architecture then get on the train and go back to the future.
aryanagarwaal
Rep:
?
You have until May, or June (as an international) to decide.

So you haven't visited any of your choices? The cost of a flight is not prohibitive compared to your international fees.

Also Bath, mech eng outcomes:
https://www.bath.ac.uk/publications/...ering-2017.pdf

Posted from TSR Mobile
my pre-boards are in March and boards in May. thanks for the link
Helloworld_95
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by nmun)
It isn't unfortunately. There are some alright people in Bath but it is a time warp with snobs galore. Better to be in Bristol and for a change of scenery go to Bath, enjoy the Georgian architecture then get on the train and go back to the future.
You realise a lot of people give Bristol that same reputation, right?

As for driving around, you don't need to in Bath, that's part of the attractiveness of it. I'd also disagree that Bristol is comparatively the future, Bath is a very affluent area and it shows in its development, the amenities available rival many of the major cities.

Bath students also get free buses between the two, so if you particularly wanted to you can live in Bristol.
nmun
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Helloworld_95)
You realise a lot of people give Bristol that same reputation, right?

As for driving around, you don't need to in Bath, that's part of the attractiveness of it. I'd also disagree that Bristol is comparatively the future, Bath is a very affluent area and it shows in its development, the amenities available rival many of the major cities.

Bath students also get free buses between the two, so if you particularly wanted to you can live in Bristol.
Yes if you like major steep hills then I agree its world leading.

Amenities available that rival many of the major cities??? This was probably true in 1710 when the Georgians placed it as the destination to be in, but unless you live in a Jane austen novel the world has moved on.

Some people are very nice But the snobbishness and laddish culture cannot be ignored. its very real. Ask real residents.

As for bristol having the same reputation. Stack the snootiest Britstolians against the snobbiest Bathonians and its absolutely no contest. People in bath are just more versed in pretending.

https://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/news...sh-bath-889304

And who can forget this
https://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/news...-expel-1333724
Last edited by nmun; 3 weeks ago
nmun
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
And who can forget things like this.https://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/news...-expel-1333724
Doones
  • Section Leader
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by nmun)
And who can forget things like this.https://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/news...-expel-1333724
What do eejits at an unnamed school have to do with the university? By the way it seems the school is rated "inadequate", and the senior governors have resigned.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-45360464

And Bath students are 26% BAME.
https://web.archive.org/web/20180203...161201-all.pdf
Last edited by Doones; 2 weeks ago
nmun
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Doonesbury)What do eejits at an unnamed school have to do with the university? By the way it seems the school is rated "inadequate", and the senior governors have resigned.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-45360464

And Bath students are 26% BAME.
https://web.archive.org/web/20180203...161201-all.pdf

Its the fact that they are PROTECTED that is wider issue. Speaks volumes that institutions in the city are run by people who are happy for things like this to slide. How many other institutions are controlled by members of a board with similar attitudes.

This is also an issue that highlights people in vulnerable positions not being safeguarded professionally and is not just a BAME issue.

Bath is a hotbed for people who think situations like this are not a real issue and is just "boys being boys" so long as they are part of correct clique and sports teams.

Though this is part of the wider endemic attitude in Bath of the me me me, I think I can do whatever I like with no repercussion attitude in Bath.
Last edited by nmun; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.42%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (69)
10.73%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.11%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (96)
14.93%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.8%
How can I be the best version of myself? (193)
30.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise