Hours of revision for each subject? Watch

QueenE2003
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,I'm new to the website so apologies if this has already been answered.I'm a year 10 student really hoping for at least 6/7's in everything.To feel confident and hopefully successful in both my mocks this year and GCSE's next year, how much revision would be beneficial but at the same time possible to achieve?In particular, I'm studyingnglish, Maths, Triple Science, Geography, RE, Drama, MusicAny advice would be much appreciated.Thanks
QueenE2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by HyperStatic)
Hi. I'm a year 13 student
Having done my GCSE, I believe that doing a bit everyday is the best way forward
Yes, that's what I am currently doing. However, I always wonder if I am doing too much/less for certain subjects so want some advice on how much to do
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
you're in year 10 so right now you don't need to be doing tons of revision- make sure you have all your revision resources sorted out though for year 11 so you can just focus on revising and doing exam practice. an hour or two a day of revision imo, tops (right now).
you'll tend to have subjects that you're stronger at and subjects that you're weaker at- prioritise the ones where you think you're struggling the most but don't neglect your strengths either. obviously, quality > quantity. you're not gonna be able to revise for 6 hours straight and you may struggle doing more than an hour some days.

you know how you revise best, and mocks are the best way to see if these revision methods are actually effective.
x.emilye
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by QueenE2003)
Hi,I'm new to the website so apologies if this has already been answered.I'm a year 10 student really hoping for at least 6/7's in everything.To feel confident and hopefully successful in both my mocks this year and GCSE's next year, how much revision would be beneficial but at the same time possible to achieve?In particular, I'm studyingnglish, Maths, Triple Science, Geography, RE, Drama, MusicAny advice would be much appreciated.Thanks
Hi, I did my GCSEs last year. Check out my HIVE article to read a bit about how I got 11 9s at GCSE, as well as achieving good grades in 2 other qualifications. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/rev...stay-motivated
I think it is important to work hard in year 10 consistently so next year is easier for you. Revise for any tests you do, ask teachers for feedback on your work and ask for help as soon as you don't understand something so you don't have to spend time teaching yourself things for the first time just before your final exams
QueenE2003
Rep:
?
Wow! I didnt expect answers in thin short period of time. Thanks 🤗
Yes I do have a good revision plan so hopefully this will pay off for my mocks. I usually do about an hour a day which is mostly however homework and at weekends re capping what I have learnt.
Thanks again ❣️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (146)
18.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
9.91%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (133)
16.9%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (113)
14.36%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (77)
9.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (240)
30.5%

Watched Threads