The Student Room Group

What do you love about your job?

What do you love about your job? If there are many things, what are the top three things that you love?
They pay me.
They're really generous with unpaid leave. They're really flexible and understanding that I have university commitments. They pay me more than the minimum wage for my age.
The dogs, free food and free cpd courses.
Puppies and adult doggies, all types of breeds and characters.
Pugs, great danes, siberian huskies, chihuahuas, labradors, bulldogs, st bernards, german shepherds, spaniels, chow chows, pomeranians and giant poodles.
Working dogs, lazy dogs, designer dogs, dogs in baby pajamas and jewellery worth hundreds of thousands.
Dogs that enjoy beer, fishing, yoga, extreme sports and listening to orchestras.
So many canine pals.
Idk about most but it’s perfect for me. Perfect hours, pay is good, clients are super welcoming. I’m so happy that I’m making a difference to someone’s life. The stuff I have to do sometimes is a bit :/ for the pay I’m getting but as long as my clients are happy. I’m good
Original post by shadowdweller
What do you love about your job? If there are many things, what are the top three things that you love?

Being able to make a difference in someone's life.
Decent wage.
There are a couple of people I enjoy visiting.
Reply 6
The money and my colleagues. My career is pretty boring but it has very good wage potential and qualification progression
Reply 7
Free food
Salary
Not sure, I am about to start a new job.

But they do allow dogs in the office so that is an instant winner.
Knowing the products my company makes will help keep people healthy
Training and support so I can keep learning new skills and improving
Min wage+20% so I can consider things like holidays and maybe a mortgage
it's not a job... it's my hobby which brings me money! i think it's perfect balance between work and life
Reply 11
earning my own money
being busy and occupied
feeling valued for the work I do
This is a fab thread idea.:love:

I think the thing I enjoy about both of my jobs at the moment is knowing that I'm bringing something fairly unique to it. I'm the first person to occupy one of my positions, and my other role is part of a group/team of other students, none of which share a similar sort of degree subject to me, so I always feel as though I'm adding a new and different perspective.

Other than that, the pay. I'm not especially enjoying either job at the moment. :s-smilie:
Original post by 04MR17
This is a fab thread idea.:love:

I think the thing I enjoy about both of my jobs at the moment is knowing that I'm bringing something fairly unique to it. I'm the first person to occupy one of my positions, and my other role is part of a group/team of other students, none of which share a similar sort of degree subject to me, so I always feel as though I'm adding a new and different perspective.

Other than that, the pay. I'm not especially enjoying either job at the moment. :s-smilie:

That's so cool that you're the first one to occupy one of your positions! Is it something you suggested or developed yourself? :smile:
Original post by shadowdweller
That's so cool that you're the first one to occupy one of your positions! Is it something you suggested or developed yourself? :smile:
:unsure: Sort of, it's a new position and they asked me to do it based on some of the stuff I was already doing on a voluntary basis. :redface: Difficult to say much more than that for identity's sake. :hide:

Quick Reply

Latest