U.S. Politics Watch

Empty_Like_Space
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Now, I live in the US. I was just wondering, what do other countries think about what my president is doing? Do they know or care?
TensorTympani
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Trump is doing good,
Just my opinion
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There's been plenty worse.
liquidconfidence
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
U don’t live in the US
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Durhamgirl96
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think that he is under qualified. However, I am troubled by exactly how many US citizens seem to believe that Trump magicked all of this xenophobia and bigotry out of thin air, as though race relations were any better before he was elected. They weren't fixed by having a black president, they were quietened by having a black president. He's loud, he's obnoxious, he's upfront and that makes him the PERFECT Aunt Sally in U.S politics.
Empty_Like_Space
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Yes, I do. I realize you have every right to be skeptical, but I do.
Attached files
ChrisTalks
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Empty_Like_Space)
Now, I live in the US. I was just wondering, what do other countries think about what my president is doing? Do they know or care?
All presidents and politicians have there ups and downs. If you are a worker in the industry sector of America you would happy to have him as your president since he is trying to look after jobs. On the other hand, Trump is sometimes a bit 'blunt' in the way he deals with some situations. I also think that he is not really open to other people's view points at times. To conclude this really quickly, I would say that he treats the presidency as a business.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Britain really isn't in a position to discuss or assess anyone's political standing, and needs to focus on remaining a country lol.
Tempest II
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Trump doesn't seem to be screwing over the US military as much as Obama did but in all other areas I'm not particularly a fan.
His whole foreign policy by Twitter approach is a disaster. The fact that he can't even spell correctly makes it worse.

However, if the Democrats don't watch out, he'll get another 4 years as they'll pick (in American eyes) a too far left leaning candidate - I very much doubt Sanders or AOC would stand a chance but, if Joe Biden was younger, then he'd be a certainty to win in 2020 IMO.
yankeedog1953
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Where has Trump been racist? In my oinion Obama was a far greater racist. For example when his A.G. refused to prosecute young blacks for threatening whites at the voting polls. Or his refusal to investigate reverse discrimination allegations. Trumps not even come close.
This. site has destroyed the meaning of the word, " racist ".
Pinkisk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In some areas he's doing good in others not so much.

I think he done good in Syria in ending American support for terrorist groups in that country. That has helped bring the Syrian conflict to an end, which in turn has helped save thousands of lives.
I think so far he's done bad in Venezuela.
I think he's done good in Afghanistan in opening dialogue with the Taliban. That will I am sure help bring the bloodshed in that country to an end.
I think he's done good in the NK issue. They are now working with the US to come to an agreement as apposed to working against the US. The NK leader has expressed willingness to dismantle his nuclear programme, entirely, which is amazing, I feel.
I'm not sure what to make of what he's done with Iran so far. I feel he's trying to get a better deal. We'll have to wait and see how this turns out.

etc etc
-Eirlys-
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Empty_Like_Space)
:lol: It's all people talk about here, it seems. I don't like Trump but there's nothing I can do about it. It says a lot about Americans tbh.

Moved your thread to Society.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (127)
17.81%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.45%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.82%
How can I be the best version of myself? (217)
30.43%

Watched Threads