My neighbour has become a complete sound dragon. What do I do? Watch

Minecraft27
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
[RESOLVED]

Neighbour apologised and explained she's got the flu and needs sleep.
Last edited by Minecraft27; 3 weeks ago
Moments
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You’re probably doing things louder than you think you are. Student accommodation walls are usually paper thin without any soundproofing.

(You’re not Spanish or Italian by any chance are you?)

You’re both going to have to come to an agreement about the noise. I would say the stronger argument lies with her, because being quiet and sleeping early benefits everyone who is more serious about studying. Just a thought, wouldn’t you enjoy it more in a noisier block, where your friends are?
DarkIronsBarzakh
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Your fault, go someplace else that's not your dorm. You brought any consequence on yourself.
Molseh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Seems pretty simple to me. Start being quiet after 11pm and you wont piss off your neighbours?
Allie4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
you blow dry your hair before going to sleep? just let it dry naturally
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You are probably being too noisy by drying your hair at that kind of time, especially if she wanted a quiet place and got you as a neighbour.

Just try to imagine how the sound will travel and plan for it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Minecraft27
Rep:
?
(Original post by DarkIronsBarzakh)
Your fault, go someplace else that's not your dorm. You brought any consequence on yourself.
I actually can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. I hope you are.
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
After 11 it is the law to be quiet and considerate. Obviously not completely silent, but definitely more quite and mindful of others- so loud noises such as the hairdryer can be annoying, should've dried it earlier or let it air dry.
Also for any day of the week you need to be quiet after 11, Friday's aren't classed as an exception. It would be nice if your neighbour gave you a bit of leeway on Friday but they don't have to.
Also walls are paper thin, I can hear people shutting curtains in the room next to me (quite loudly as well) so it's understandable that some of the noises they heard were quite loud
Minecraft27
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moments)
You’re probably doing things louder than you think you are. Student accommodation walls are usually paper thin without any soundproofing.

(You’re not Spanish or Italian by any chance are you?)

You’re both going to have to come to an agreement about the noise. I would say the stronger argument lies with her, because being quiet and sleeping early benefits everyone who is more serious about studying. Just a thought, wouldn’t you enjoy it more in a noisier block, where your friends are?
I've been in student accommodation for 4 years. Trust me, I know what sounds do and don't travel.

No I am as white british as it gets.

And no, I would not enjoy a noisier block. I've spent many-a night sleeping over in a "party" block. And strange as it seems, I need some amount of sleep myself. People in those blocks never sleep. Also you assume I'm not serious about studying. I'm doing a Masters in a STEM subject and I'm on the cusp of a first, and I almost never miss lectures, have NEVER missed a deadline, AND I work part-time.
DarkIronsBarzakh
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Minecraft27)
I actually can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. I hope you are.
I am serious. If she's in a quite dorm then social gatherings are not the place to hold them!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (50)
15.11%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (28)
8.46%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (63)
19.03%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (51)
15.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (39)
11.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (100)
30.21%

Watched Threads