The Student Room Group

Do you earn more money if you do an apprenticeship and work your way up?

What i mean is if you start off at level 2 and progress to level 3, do you earn more money at level 3 than level 2? Also can you go to uni with a level 3 apprenticeship?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
What i mean is if you start off at level 2 and progress to level 3, do you earn more money at level 3 than level 2? Also can you go to uni with a level 3 apprenticeship?

Or is it the same salary no matter what level you are at?
Yes for all I believe.
In your first year you will get the apprentice wage which is something like £3.70 per hour then after the first year it will go up to normal national minimum wage or depends on the company how much they will pay you. If you went straight into a job then a level 3 qualification will allow you to get a slightly better wage than someone with a level 2 qualification.

As for getting into a university with a level 3 it would depend on the university and how they view the qualification from the apprenticeship.
Original post by Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

The most up to date details about apprenticeship wages can be found on the below link:

https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates

You’ll also find that employers are encouraged to pay over the minimum apprenticeship wage to try and attract as many applicants as possible.

With regards to university, there are lots of university which will accept your level 3 apprenticeship qualification as entry for their courses, but this is always worth checking directly with any university you are interested in, just to make sure you’ve got the most accurate details!

I hope this helps!

Tom.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending