Acne/body image and Relationships Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
This might stupid but I might be overthinking. Do guys get really bothered if a girl has acne? Like would it disgust them to even go near the girl. Personally if a guy had acne I could still be attractive to him I guess and I wouldn’t be disgusted, and as for body image like not just about your size but your body texture your skin and all the colour and all the details do guys really get bothered by all that??? Would they bothered by scars and such
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This might stupid but I might be overthinking. Do guys get really bothered if a girl has acne? Like would it disgust them to even go near the girl. Personally if a guy had acne I could still be attractive to him I guess and I wouldn’t be disgusted, and as for body image like not just about your size but your body texture your skin and all the colour and all the details do guys really get bothered by all that??? Would they bothered by scars and such
Every guy is different so you can't generalise. One guy may not like it, but the next one wouldn't even notice.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Dw, acne is usually gone once your teenage years are behind you. Maintain a healthy skincare routine if you don't want it to ever come back
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
As someone has previously pointed out all boys are different however I’m pretty sure there would be no boy who is “disgusted” to go near you. And if that’s the way they feel then screw them, you need to be comfortable in your own skin and understand how beautiful you are, with it without the acne! I know from my experiences with friends and family whenever I’ve met anyone with acne I’ve never really noticed it unless it was pointed out and even then I don’t think it looks ugly, more just sore and uncomfortable for the person.
Just remember that the right type of boy will look past your scars and acne (however cheesy it sounds) and they’re the only boys that should really matter to you. Obviously it so much easier said than done but you have to love your skin and not be self conscious about it, be confident and love you body! Body positivity ammiright gal 💁🏼*♀️😘
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (146)
18.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
9.91%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (133)
16.9%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (113)
14.36%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (77)
9.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (240)
30.5%

Watched Threads