worrying about my studies!!!!!!!!! Watch

Liverpool Hope University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello there ,

What exactly is it that you are worried about? If you could provide a bit more information we will be able to give further advice. Is it the course, the entry requirements or are you in university and currently worried?

If you would prefer to message us in private that is perfectly fine too.

Tom :shakehand:
username4507356
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello everyone, new to student room, so I'm not sure if I've even posted this in the right forum.
I have a problem. I'm a student at an undisclosed university in Wales (wanna remain anonymous and scared to reveal uni in case I get into trouble), and my friend/boyfriend/girlfriend is also a student at another university. My issue is that this person suffers with their mental health, so much so, that I've not only been writing my OWN essays and stressing about them, but I've also been writing THEIR essays and stressing about them too, every single one of them, and there have been at least 5 from what my brain can count off the top of my head at this ungodly hour, and I've written about 5 of my own too for my course. I don't even know what my question is here, I just needed someone to talk to. I've tried googling it, as you do, but not much comes up, except 'write essays for other students and make money doing it!" taglines and 'buy your custom made essay here! stress free!". That's not what I'm looking for, and it appears nobody else has posted an issue like this, as far as I can see on my brief google search. My issue with this is:

- I care deeply for this person, but my writing their essays as well as mine is now starting to hurt me, mentally and physically, I'm in pain all the time and I just don't sleep, as a rule.
- did I mention that I care deeply for this person? I feel guilty for even posting this here, but I'd rather do that than speak to my uni friends about it. more anonymity.
- every single essay of theirs has received a first, while my essays that I wrote for my course has always received a 2:1, our course is the same subject as well.
- I'm starting to lose interest in my own course - just the sheer notion of the two workloads waiting for me in the next couple of months is making my heart flutter and is it even worth it anymore

I worry that this will continue for the next three years, in which case it will kill me with stress. ill have a heart attack. but I care deeply for this person. but its making me depressed. but I want them to be happy and if getting a degree contributes to a feeling of wellbeing and success for them then my hands are tied. but its making me ill. I don't know what to do, thoughts? and remember, this person who I am speaking about is somebody you have not and will not ever meet, and their poor mental health is serious, so be kind, as i'm sure you will be

thanks
thoughts?
Liverpool Hope University
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi there!

Well it certainly sounds like you've gone above and beyond as a friend, however, as you've said, you can't continue this workload for the rest of your degree.

You should talk to the student support department at your university about how stressed you're feeling and how you're losing interest in your course due to stress. You should also advise your friend to talk to the student support at their university about how they're feeling. Their student support can then help provide any support they require for their depression and support them through their course. They don't need to mention anything about the essays, but it will be a big step to them getting any help they need and will also help you by reducing your workload.

Hope this helps,

If you'd prefer to message us privately, that's fine.

Fiona :horse:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (95)
16.67%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (60)
10.53%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (100)
17.54%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (86)
15.09%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (57)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (172)
30.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed