Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Title.
DrawTheLine
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Possibly nothing because they're scars, not fresh marks. They may ask if you're doing okay and let you know what support is available if you need it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Title.
Probably talk to you about it discreetly, ask if you are ok (although some would probably not do this out of embarrassment and not wanting to pry).

It is a fact of life that some people self harm and as long as they're not being abused, it's their body. But the pastoral team in the school should be informed, just to make them aware that you might be struggling and need their support in the future. The student should also be informed that the pastoral team are there to talk to and that an appointment could be made with a school counsellor, if required.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As someone else has said, it depends if they're scars or cuts. Cuts are a more urgent issue than scars as it's obviously something happening at the present moment, whereas scars indicate it's in the past. However that doesn't mean the individual isn't still cutting now, they just may it doing it in a more discreet place.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (50)
15.11%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (28)
8.46%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (63)
19.03%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (51)
15.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (39)
11.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (100)
30.21%

Watched Threads