How do I get a 2:1 in first year of law? Watch

fakesmile
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Please can any law students (studying at university) give any tips, advice, revision techniques on how to get a 2:1 in first year of law?

Also, how do you take notes? I used to re-write my notes when I get home which can be time-consuming so now i currently type up my notes on my laptop and edit them (as they're usually messy from lectures, typing quick), print them and highlight them and put them in my binder. I also have a case list of various key cases with highlighted keywords which I'll use for my exams and assessments (I have an assessment soon) and flashcards for all my modules.

thank you💗
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Regularly review your notes, would regularly edit them. Your "understanding" should by dynamic and expand with further reading/seminars, so your understanding from your lectures should not be sufficient for 1st class or high 2:1 grades.

Next is to practise PQs, and essays. Look at past papers and see how you hold up; more importantly this will highlight gaps in your knowledge and direct your further reading and future efforts.
fakesmile
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
Regularly review your notes, would regularly edit them. Your "understanding" should by dynamic and expand with further reading/seminars, so your understanding from your lectures should not be sufficient for 1st class or high 2:1 grades.

Next is to practise PQs, and essays. Look at past papers and see how you hold up; more importantly this will highlight gaps in your knowledge and direct your further reading and future efforts.
Hi, I forgot to mention that I don't just take notes from lectures, it's along with all my other work from seminars, workshops etc that I do every day and I do the required and further reading.

I also have textbooks as well which I refer to for my work.

I'll start completing past papers too, I haven't got round to them with all the assessments I have, deadlines etc.

Thank you
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by fakesmile)
Hi, I forgot to mention that I don't just take notes from lectures, it's along with all my other work from seminars, workshops etc that I do every day and I do the required and further reading.

I also have textbooks as well which I refer to for my work.

I'll start completing past papers too, I haven't got round to them with all the assessments I have, deadlines etc.

Thank you
I'd add journal articles to your cases binder. They're important too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (50)
15.11%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (28)
8.46%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (63)
19.03%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (51)
15.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (39)
11.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (100)
30.21%

Watched Threads