The Student Room Group

Does it makes sense to mention that I participated in IOI if my major is Physics?

For those of you who don't know, IOI stands for International Olympiad for Informatics. I used to be passionate in Computer Science when I was in 10th grade, and it shows in my participation in this. However, I began to drift away more towards physics. I haven't participated in any Physics olympiad, though. How will the unis view it if I mention this in my PS, even though I'm applying for Physics? One of the schools I'm applying to is Oxford, and I'm an international student.
Original post by adityad
For those of you who don't know, IOI stands for International Olympiad for Informatics. I used to be passionate in Computer Science when I was in 10th grade, and it shows in my participation in this. However, I began to drift away more towards physics. I haven't participated in any Physics olympiad, though. How will the unis view it if I mention this in my PS, even though I'm applying for Physics? One of the schools I'm applying to is Oxford, and I'm an international student.

Yes, it makes sense because it shows that you are the sort of person to get passionate about academic things, and that's what they like - even if your interests have since changed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending