The Student Room Group

Any mature students who've regretted it and switched Uni?

Just trying to get a handle on how much of my issue is me, how much is the Uni itself and whether changing is worthwhile.

I returned to study last year via an Access to HE last year, it was very challenging and very hard work but ultimately quite satisfying and enjoyable.

I started on my degree (undergrad on an integrated Masters) in September and as the year has progressed I've regretted it more and more.

It's coming to a point where I feel like I either need to stop altogether or consider another university and/or course. It currently feels like I have made an extremely big mistake in my choice.

The lecturers range from incompetent to competent to disinterested and sadly for us only in one case as being absolutely exceptional.

They are completely ignorant of any feedback, ignore questions asked and even more unfortunately in some cases have absolutely zero knowledge in their subject so just read Power Point slides aloud and complain that students don't seem to respond to that.

I'm not some kid who doesn't know what they want or someone who is afraid of having to work but at the moment this feels very much like a wasted year of my life and nearly 17k of debt that while getting almost nothing in return.

Have any of the other mature students on here switched and found it made a difference? Or is it just a cross we will have to bear no matter what as a result of being a bit older and able to see incompetence and disinterest for what it is unlike the younger students fresh out of school?

Quick Reply

Latest