No idea what to do Watch

emma.mae
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m 17, I don’t have a job but I want one but I have no idea what in, I’m at college but I don’t like the course I’m doing, I have social anxiety and have no idea what to do with my life. HELP?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You don't have to be defined by what you achieve in college, you can start from a crap job and work your way up. Shop assistant, waitress, even cleaner can be a step up to store manager if you work at it
cherlloydfan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
what course are you doing ?
Student-95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What do you like and what are you good at?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Tommaso PF
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You are hardly alone. I have been speaking with plenty of university students in London and found that there's a high percentage of undergraduates and postgraduates who have no idea what to do next so I'd say that it's normal. I went through the same phase and it took me a while to realise what to do.
If it's causing you anxiety, start researching what a specific role/industry entails in order to form some ideas.
Is something you can do either by meeting with a consultant from your Careers Service department or on your own (maybe before you meet with the consultant) using online tools.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (166)
18.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (91)
10.17%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.54%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (131)
14.64%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.5%
How can I be the best version of myself? (274)
30.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise