The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

English language help

Hi everybody, I was just wondering if I could get some help regarding my spoken English and overall fluency in the language. I love this language but a strict time schedule has kept me back from studying more and becoming better. I have been studying for a PhD at Reading for the last year and something, but my English have not evolved greatly since the beginning. I come from an EU country, and the last year has been my first in the UK. Any help or advice welcome!
What PhD are you studying for? Try getting some help from TESOL teachers or ESOL teachers as that might help you improve your English. Try talking to some native English speakers about it.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by mjhmichael18
What PhD are you studying for? Try getting some help from TESOL teachers or ESOL teachers as that might help you improve your English. Try talking to some native English speakers about it.

Hi, thanks for the advice. I would be very happy to find a native speaker to guide me a bit, I hold CPE and I know the grammar stuff, I just find it extremely difficult to fit everything into place while I am trying to speak. I am studying at Agri school at the moment, holding already a BVetMed
Original post by nick_a
Hi everybody, I was just wondering if I could get some help regarding my spoken English and overall fluency in the language. I love this language but a strict time schedule has kept me back from studying more and becoming better. I have been studying for a PhD at Reading for the last year and something, but my English have not evolved greatly since the beginning. I come from an EU country, and the last year has been my first in the UK. Any help or advice welcome!

Hello,

Your written English is very good! Are there other native English speakers in your research group, because I think it's always good to practice your English with a native speaker? Perhaps you could join a society and practice your English there?

I hope this helps you!

Alice :h:
Final year food science student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending