Uni Applicant Days Watch

OliviaG2442
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey

I was wondering if anyone has been to any uni applicant days yet? I have a few coming up and was wondering what to expect. My dad is coming with me for transport reasons, will we be doing separate things or can we stay together for the day?

Feedback would be great thanks!
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by OliviaG2442)
Hey

I was wondering if anyone has been to any uni applicant days yet? I have a few coming up and was wondering what to expect. My dad is coming with me for transport reasons, will we be doing separate things or can we stay together for the day?

Feedback would be great thanks!
You will be able to stay together for most of the day but for certain things you may get separated - like there may not be enough room in certain talks for parents to attend. It will be fine, Dad will just have to go and get a coffee or something and meet you afterwards.
OliviaG2442
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
You will be able to stay together for most of the day but for certain things you may get separated - like there may not be enough room in certain talks for parents to attend. It will be fine, Dad will just have to go and get a coffee or something and meet you afterwards.
Great, thanks for letting me know!
qqwer4179
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They'll send you an itinerary closer to the day on what to expect. For the course, you'll have a chance to maybe: talk to someone within the department, talk to other candidates, talk to current students, taster session ect. It's ok if you already went to the same uni for an open day, It'll be more in depth and longer and you can get a better feel of what the department is like.
OliviaG2442
Rep:
?
(Original post by qqwer4179)
They'll send you an itinerary closer to the day on what to expect. For the course, you'll have a chance to maybe: talk to someone within the department, talk to other candidates, talk to current students, taster session ect. It's ok if you already went to the same uni for an open day, It'll be more in depth and longer and you can get a better feel of what the department is like.
Thank you for letting me know, great help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (34)
14.23%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.79%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (29)
12.13%
How can I be the best version of myself? (71)
29.71%

Watched Threads