very_452001
Badges: 9
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

I was a student at Birmingham City University formerly known as UCE University of Central England started a BSc (Hons) Degree in Computer Networks for Business started in 2001 there and Graduated.

The course was at the Technology Innovation Centre Campus located in the Millenium Point building.

When I got my degree certificate I didn't get any transcripts with it or further paperwork with it. Just the certificate.

I ask for these documents because on the UCAS application it asks for Main degree subjects/Modules and the Time spent/credits for each.

Who do I email/phone/contact to get these documents or this info at what price or if anybody here who did the same course can you please let me know the Main degree subjects/Modules and the Time spent/credits for each please? Or is there a online Archived link showing this info saving me the hassle and cost of contacting you know what I mean.

Thanks,
Last edited by very_452001; 1 year ago
Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by very_452001)
Hi,

I was a student at Birmingham City University formerly known as UCE University of Central England started a BSc (Hons) Degree in Computer Networks for Business started in 2001 there and Graduated.

The course was at the Technology Innovation Centre Campus located in the Millenium Point building.

When I got my degree certificate I didn't get any transcripts with it or further paperwork with it. Just the certificate.

I ask for these documents because on the UCAS application it asks for Main degree subjects/Modules and the Time spent/credits for each.

Who do I email/phone/contact to get these documents or this info at what price or if anybody here who did the same course can you please let me know the Main degree subjects/Modules and the Time spent/credits for each please? Or is there a online Archived link showing this info saving me the hassle and cost of contacting you know what I mean.

Thanks,
Hi very_452001,

That's not a problem, there are a number of ways to do so, you can email [email protected] or call 0121 331 5659 or even complete this online request form to get a replacement transcript which provides a breakdown of the subject/modules on your course and the grades you obtained.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Lydia
very_452001
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Birmingham City University)
Hi very_452001,

That's not a problem, there are a number of ways to do so, you can email [email protected] or call 0121 331 5659 or even complete this online request form to get a replacement transcript which provides a breakdown of the subject/modules on your course and the grades you obtained.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Lydia
Hi,

Can you please confirm if there any charges and if so the costs please.

Cheers,
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi,

Can you please confirm if there any charges and if so the costs please.

Cheers,
Hi,

I don't believe there is any cost no, but if you email the address above they'll be able to provide more details.

Thanks
very_452001
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Hi,

Ok I got a response from Birmingham City university and they saying they don't hold records after 2010.

I contacted UCAS and they saying its a mandatory part of the form that requires filling in before submission.

So what choices do I have available to me now or I can't continue with the UCAS application?

Typically how many modules/subjects does a 3 year degree have in total and I assume its that amount divide by 3 correct? How many modules does the final year dissertation is worth generally speaking and what is the max credits a student can obtain per module?

Finally can I kindly ask does Birmingham City University still do the Computer Networks for Business degree course or what course you do that's the most similar to it?
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi,

Ok I got a response from Birmingham City university and they saying they don't hold records after 2010.

I contacted UCAS and they saying its a mandatory part of the form that requires filling in before submission.

So what choices do I have available to me now or I can't continue with the UCAS application?

Typically how many modules/subjects does a 3 year degree have in total and I assume its that amount divide by 3 correct? How many modules does the final year dissertation is worth generally speaking and what is the max credits a student can obtain per module?

Finally can I kindly ask does Birmingham City University still do the Computer Networks for Business degree course or what course you do that's the most similar to it?
Hi,

Sorry about that, did you speak to our alumni team? They should be able to help, you can contact them on 0121 331 5506 or email at [email protected]

If it's useful we still do this Computer Networks course, if you visit the 'course in depth' tab it breaks down each year into modules and credits.

Thanks,

Lydia
very_452001
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Birmingham City University)
Hi,

Sorry about that, did you speak to our alumni team? They should be able to help, you can contact them on 0121 331 5506 or email at [email protected]

If it's useful we still do this Computer Networks course, if you visit the 'course in depth' tab it breaks down each year into modules and credits.

Thanks,

Lydia
Ok I looked at the computer Networks course link you provided and curious to know why is it 4 years with modules splitting between 4 years? Isn't degrees suppose to be 3 years or is that course you provided is a part-time version of it? If so how will the course in depth look for 3 years?
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Ok I looked at the computer Networks course link you provided and curious to know why is it 4 years with modules splitting between 4 years? Isn't degrees suppose to be 3 years or is that course you provided is a part-time version of it? If so how will the course in depth look for 3 years?
Hi,

It's because it's a BSc (Hons) / MSci course, so students get a undergraduate bachelors for studying the course for 3 years, or can complete the fourth year for a Masters. So if you're just interested in the BSc, just look at the first 3 years of modules
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (407)
67.95%
No (192)
32.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed