Give shamima begum back her uk citizenship Watch

BillyMic
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
*sigh* if only we had an efficient death penalty...
If only...
MinaBee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I couldn't care less about what happens to a person who thinks beheading innocent people is ''okay''.
Abbie Janson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
she should be allowed back what about her human rights?
eez
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
nah shes a bit of a dipshit doesnt deserve to come back
eez
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Abbie Janson)
she should be allowed back what about her human rights?
where in the human rights does it say she can come back to the uk lmfao
Abbie Janson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by eez)
where in the human rights does it say she can come back to the uk lmfao
she will be treated like a dog in Syria and raped, she deserves another chance in the UK where she will be safer.
eez
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
she will be treated like a dog in Syria and raped, she deserves another chance in the UK where she will be safer.
alright you clearly dont have a clue when human rights are, nor any grasp on the fact that she chose to move to syria despite knowing the consequences and that shes treated perfectly fine in syria.
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rainfall)
@Andrew97 please show me the video of her saying Manchester bombing was justified, she’s not that stupid to say that when she’s trying to convince people that she’s innocent
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/shamima-be...150900843.html

here you are
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
she can rot in hell for all i care
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hang on, where was I tagged?
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by flynn02)
She didn't say it was justified, but in an interview she said it was a "two way thing" because of how countries bombed Syria.
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/shamima-be...150900843.html
Homo Fuge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Screw that. She is probably a suicide bomber sent by ISIS to kill us all.
Rainfall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by flynn02)
She didn't say it was justified, but in an interview she said it was a "two way thing" because of how countries bombed Syria.
Well that’s true. And no where near saying it was justified
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Hang on, where was I tagged?
sorry
Waldorf67
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What do you mean young girls are very easily influenced?

How can you be so sexist, given that you are actually a woman yourself. Girls are no more easily influenced than boys. So throw that stupid statement out of the window, for starters.

15 year olds are still held accountable for their actions. If a 15 year old shoots somebody, there are repercussions. You can’t use the **** and bull excuse that the shooter was not in control of their actions, and the same principles apply here. B
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Ray_Shadows)
sorry
?
you didn’t quite get my question. The comment you replied to with the link was tagging me. However I didn’t get a notification.
Ray_Shadows
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
?
you didn’t quite get my question. The comment you replied to with the link was tagging me. However I didn’t get a notification.
oh my bad , i just assumed u meant why was i tagged , but yeh there's the article i found
StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Yahoo News is still a thing? fkn hell, how about that eh? still hanging in there! :rolleyes: )
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Said it in another thread:
1. Bring her and the kid back
2. Take kid away
3. try her for high treason
(Original post by Cecelia Tallice)
She was a vunerable 15 year old girl who this country and her family failed to protect from the influence of Islamic state.
Young girls are very easily influenced, especially by men promising a better life. It is clear that she was brainwashed and groomed. Religion is powerful, she believes that this world is a complete lie and it’s the world after that is important.
The issue we have is that regardless of how much grooming and indoctrination might've happened, we've now got a 19 year old woman who thinks the Manchester bombing was justified, and showed absolutely no remorse until after her citizenship got revoked.

Groomed or not, she's a security risk. At the very least, you can't simply let her come back and live a normal life.
(Original post by BillyMic)
Apparently she isn't stateless, she is entitled to a bangeldesh citizenship:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-shamima-begum

https://twitter.com/skynewsbreak/sta...082196485?s=21

got this info from Andrew97, thanks.
Bangladesh have more or less told her to go away, which does make things a bit weird now.

(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
Then she may use her learned skills of converting and radicalising on the inmates, and probably be let out in 10 years to resume her extremist activities. Great idea, that :flute:
She's blatantly a bit of an idiot, so somehow I doubt those are skills she actually possesses.
NotNotBatman
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What do you propose happens to her if she were to return to the UK? 15 year olds are immature and make dumb decisions, but we shouldn't show mercy if they are stupid enough to make a mistake that ruins their entire life, such as killing/raping someone or joining a terrorist organisation, they're not toddlers.

A lot of people who committed acts of terror, were monitored. When you say monitored, I hope you mean a whole life order in prison, because if not, monitoring is clearly not 100% guaranteed to protect an innocent civilian. Now she has spent a few years with the so called IS, how do we know she doesn't have connections with people planning to commit the next terrorist attack.

Now, I don't think it is right to strip her of her citizenship and make her the problem of a country that she wasn't even born in. But We shouldn't go easy on her.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.94%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.15%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (124)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.46%

Watched Threads