Violetli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys, away to OASC this sun 24th feb and looking for some advice.

Have been back and forth at the doctors for the past few months due to a lump and pain in my left abdomen. Last week the doctor ruled out a hernia and gave me the all clear to work on my sit-ups for the fitness test. However, today I think I may have pulled a muscle in my stomach as the pain has intensified and I cannot manage the 32 sit-ups needed to pass OASC.

Unsure how to proceed from here- do I attend OASC and risk failing on my sit-ups as I am fully prepared in every other aspect? Is there any way to reschedule OASC/ or the fitness aspect of it?

Any advice greatly appreciated!
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Violetli)
A few months with an undiagnosed lump and pain in your left abdomen will stop you faster and harder than the sit ups. Contact OASC and ask if you can defer for a stomach strain as you can't do sit-ups. Don't discuss the painful lump. Get the painful lump treated by your GP and then deal with whether OASC need informing or not.
Fast74
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Violetli)
Hi guys, away to OASC this sun 24th feb and looking for some advice.

Have been back and forth at the doctors for the past few months due to a lump and pain in my left abdomen. Last week the doctor ruled out a hernia and gave me the all clear to work on my sit-ups for the fitness test. However, today I think I may have pulled a muscle in my stomach as the pain has intensified and I cannot manage the 32 sit-ups needed to pass OASC.

Unsure how to proceed from here- do I attend OASC and risk failing on my sit-ups as I am fully prepared in every other aspect? Is there any way to reschedule OASC/ or the fitness aspect of it?

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Don’t attend OASC if you are not fully fit. Let them know soonest and they will rebook you in once you’re fit to proceed. It’s not just the fitness test that you might struggle with; you also need to complete the physical aspects of the exercise phase. It’s not worth risking your health. You shouldn’t need to give any detail other than you are currently unwell.
venet
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Would certainly recommend you defer, I got an injury shortly before my initial OASC date and like you was was rather in two minds about how to proceed. After some deliberation decided to ring up the AFCO and reschedule OASC for later in the year, which the AFCO had no problem whatsoever with.

I feel the risk is too great; to perform well during the exercise phase & interview only to fail the fitness test and OASC as a whole due to injury would be mortifying.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads