The Student Room Group

Research Expenses Fees for PhD

I am wondering what sort of fees range uni's to charge for research expenses for PhD (on top of tuition fee)s for subject areas that have these additional expenses.

The offer I have in hand has the research expenses being £1250 per annum. This is studying part-time where my tuition fees would be £2130 per annum. The research expenses in my case relate to archaeological science, including use of isotope lab.

I expected research expenses. What I'm after I guess I'm after some information to decide if that is high, low or fairly typical value to put that cost into perspective. I have yet to find a uni that puts the research expenses on their website.

Does anybody have any info about research expenses?
Original post by redrocks
I am wondering what sort of fees range uni's to charge for research expenses for PhD (on top of tuition fee)s for subject areas that have these additional expenses.

The offer I have in hand has the research expenses being £1250 per annum. This is studying part-time where my tuition fees would be £2130 per annum. The research expenses in my case relate to archaeological science, including use of isotope lab.

I expected research expenses. What I'm after I guess I'm after some information to decide if that is high, low or fairly typical value to put that cost into perspective. I have yet to find a uni that puts the research expenses on their website.

Does anybody have any info about research expenses?

It will vary vastly based on what the uni classes as research expenses so till you have an offer you won't know as it also depends on how the uni is getting funding for you.

Quick Reply

Latest