UK Student Studying Medicine In US Watch

s4mwh81ttl3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Just wondering if anyone knows how easy it is for a UK student leaving sixth form after doing A-Levels to study medicine and become a doctor in the US?
ecolier
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by s4mwh81ttl3)
Just wondering if anyone knows how easy it is for a UK student leaving sixth form after doing A-Levels to study medicine and become a doctor in the US?
https://www.themedicportal.com/appli...ne-in-the-usa/

Unlike in the UK, studying Medicine in the USA is only available as a postgraduate option, so you can start a Medicine programme after you complete a four-year pre-med degree in a subject like Biology, Chemistry or Neuroscience. This degree will then prepare you for the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT), which is required to get into medical school.
s4mwh81ttl3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ecolier)
https://www.themedicportal.com/appli...ne-in-the-usa/

Unlike in the UK, studying Medicine in the USA is only available as a postgraduate option, so you can start a Medicine programme after you complete a four-year pre-med degree in a subject like Biology, Chemistry or Neuroscience. This degree will then prepare you for the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT), which is required to get into medical school.
Thank you for that information, but how easy is it to get onto a chemistry/biology degree in USA in the first place?
ecolier
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by s4mwh81ttl3)
Thank you for that information, but how easy is it to get onto a chemistry/biology degree in USA in the first place?
This is a UK forum so I suspect there is limited expertise regarding standard US degrees (which is essentially what you are asking about).

I suspect the answer will be similar to "How easy is it to get onto a Chemistry / Biology degree in the UK" - i.e. it depends on the prestige and the ranking of the Uni and how many people are applying to it.

Bottom line: you need to research yourself! Come back to let us know what your findings are please. I have moved this to "International Study"
s4mwh81ttl3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ecolier)
This is a UK forum so I suspect there is limited expertise regarding standard US degrees (which is essentially what you are asking about).

I suspect the answer will be similar to "How easy is it to get onto a Chemistry / Biology degree in the UK" - i.e. it depends on the prestige and the ranking of the Uni and how many people are applying to it.

Bottom line: you need to research yourself! Come back to let us know what your findings are please. I have moved this to "International Study"
Thank you for your help, I will continue to research, I thought somewhere like this would be a good place to start as there are people here with knowledge.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.58%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.68%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.27%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (93)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.89%
How can I be the best version of myself? (191)
29.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed