The Student Room Group

Why do I have the worst luck? And I work so hard.

Hello,

It was a long process for me in regards to getting into university. Now after one module I found I was 1% off from the percentage that I was suppose to get! It is so upsetting knowing that it's always me not getting what I want to.

I don't like having to tell family because I do no want them to worry or stress over it. But it just upsets me. Everything bad always seems to happen to me, not that I want it to happen to any other person but I wish things could come abit easier for me.
I do work ridiculously hard!! It is just so upsetting:frown:

I feel it's just me and bad luck and there's nothing I can really do about it.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

It was a long process for me in regards to getting into university. Now after one module I found I was 1% off from the percentage that I was suppose to get! It is so upsetting knowing that it's always me not getting what I want to.

I don't like having to tell family because I do no want them to worry or stress over it. But it just upsets me. Everything bad always seems to happen to me, not that I want it to happen to any other person but I wish things could come abit easier for me.
I do work ridiculously hard!! It is just so upsetting:frown:

I feel it's just me and bad luck and there's nothing I can really do about it.

What percentage were you supposed to get and what was this module for (i.e. first year university module)?
Reply 2
I got 59.35% and needed 60% and I'm doing the foundation programme. And I need 60% in all modules atleast to get onto the course I want.

Thank you for the response:smile:
I totally know what you mean:/ I'm the same. I think the system is unfair tbh and doesn't account for people who come from lower backgrounds. Not making the assumption that you have, just that this had been my experience and it has constantly left me feeling so alone. Sorry, learning to write and speak like a fancy rich person is basically asking me to learn another language.
Reply 4
Yes I really understand what you mean :frown:
I don't mind the essays for me its the mathematical side of the things that always let's me down:frown:
Yes I really understand what you mean :frown:
I don't mind the essays for me its the mathematical side of the things that always let's me down:frown:

Good luck - perhaps when you get a choice of subject, you could avoid maths and other subjects that you're not very good at?
Then let this feeling of disappointment drive you and motivate you instead of dragging you down, it's so easy to let these feelings drag you down and that ends up effecting your performance more than you'll realise.

I had a similar issue, I messed up my A-levels SO bad and thought there wasn't a chance of me getting into university at all, even though I worked my arse off. I'm here two years later in uni and studying what I wanted to, because I let that disappointment be my drive.
Think positive, you can only do your best, but you'll get there. :biggrin:
Original post by MidgetFever
Then let this feeling of disappointment drive you and motivate you instead of dragging you down, it's so easy to let these feelings drag you down and that ends up effecting your performance more than you'll realise.

I had a similar issue, I messed up my A-levels SO bad and thought there wasn't a chance of me getting into university at all, even though I worked my arse off. I'm here two years later in uni and studying what I wanted to, because I let that disappointment be my drive.
Think positive, you can only do your best, but you'll get there. :biggrin:

How do you do that, I'm not even joking, it just drags me down, the idea that I'm not good enough
How do you do that, I'm not even joking, it just drags me down, the idea that I'm not good enough

I know how you feel, you're not alone and I may not be able to provide answers since everyone copes with things differently.
I'm not sure if this will help you at all but I usually think about what my future would be like if I graduated. The house I could get, the pets I could have, where I would go.. It sounds a little silly but it gives me that extra little motivation and drive that I need to carry on.

I hope you find a way to believe in yourself a little more soon, because I'm sure you're a lot better than you give yourself credit for.
Original post by MidgetFever
I know how you feel, you're not alone and I may not be able to provide answers since everyone copes with things differently.
I'm not sure if this will help you at all but I usually think about what my future would be like if I graduated. The house I could get, the pets I could have, where I would go.. It sounds a little silly but it gives me that extra little motivation and drive that I need to carry on.

I hope you find a way to believe in yourself a little more soon, because I'm sure you're a lot better than you give yourself credit for.

Thank you for being kind and understanding ! :h:
You are so right!

When I got rejected from all my universities I was so devastated. But now I am at the university I've always wanted to go to and so so close to doing my desired course!!
Just need to pass this foundation programme and hoping they will allow me onto my course! :smile:

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending