The Student Room Group

Parents say to take medical letters to the job centre

We come from a working class family so we don't really understand how these things work. Due to illness, i can't study or work. We are thinking to provide proof of that to excuse me from the job centre for the time being. I have turned 18 recently and i got a letter from mulberry place saying to inform them if i am in college, started a training scheme or started work and provide proof of that. I am worried that my medical notes may not be enough though because doctors say i should go to school and just sit there and they were refusing to provide a sick note for college so obviously they wont provide me with a sick note for work. They do not take me seriously. Will camhs report letters help with my case?
I think it very much depends on you and what the actual reason is you can't work.
If doctor's think you can go to school then don't they think you can work?
Reply 2
Original post by AzureCeleste
I think it very much depends on you and what the actual reason is you can't work.
If doctor's think you can go to school then don't they think you can work?

Yes but what i have is life threatening and can cause death. Doctors and gps these days don't care.
See a different gp for another opinion.
To get sickness benefits on of the first criteria to meet is a sick note. With this you can apply for ESA. Once you’ve applied you’d send all your reports to back up your application
Go see another gp in your practice, take all your reports with you and discuss your illness. Ask them for a sick note.
You don’t only get a sick note from a gp though. You can also get one from any doctor you see for your medical condition. Speak to your care team for help
not to be overly nosey, but what condition do you have, op?
Reply 5
Are you making a claim for out of work benefits? If not you don't have to provide proof of your inability to work to the DWP.
Original post by kirigiri
not to be overly nosey, but what condition do you have, op?

exactly can't be that bad bc the doctor wouldn't let her leave 😂 the doctor wouldn't wanna be sued would he so she's obviously fine 🙄
Original post by Anonymous
Yes but what i have is life threatening and can cause death. Doctors and gps these days don't care.

What is it.....doctors would care if it was life threatening
You may be overexagerating it
Original post by AzureCeleste
What is it.....doctors would care if it was life threatening
You may be overexagerating it

exactly 💀💀
Original post by Anonymous

Life itself is a disease which is life threatening and causes death

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending