how to be less socially awkward. Watch

notevenintheuk
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
speaking is tiring. When i talk people they don't back, when they talk i don't know how to respond. I can't tell if someone is waving or giving a high five. its either 'your so quiet' or 'shut up'. It frustrating and i just need some tips.
hello_shawn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Maybe your problem is that your conversations don't flow, that what you talk about no one else is interested in, or that it's not an appropriate topic to talk about at the time
notevenintheuk
Rep:
?
(Original post by hello_shawn)
Maybe your problem is that your conversations don't flow, that what you talk about no one else is interested in, or that it's not an appropriate topic to talk about at the time
(im sorry if you cant read this btw) i know but its just like when i say a simple 'hello' and they don't respond. it makes me feel insecure a bit like they dont want to be near. or when i say 'hi' they'd be like 'oof'
YaliaV
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
People are often so busy that they’re not really focused on you. I have social anxiety, so I can relate. I read into every little thing, but most of time I’m just being overly sensitive.

Do you have one friend you feel comfortable with? I think the key is just practice. The more you do it, the easier it will become. You’re definitely not alone in finding social situations draining. Just don’t be too hard on yourself.
ItsTomii
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Mood
notevenintheuk
Rep:
?
i have no friends so i just dwell on the little cringey social interactions that i have
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.34%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.61%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.49%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (35)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.3%
How can I be the best version of myself? (73)
29.92%

Watched Threads