The Student Room Group

Lads how much make up do you like on a girl?

Do you like subtle, natural, heavy? What do you think of girls who wear a lot and wear false eyelashes on a night out? Does it put you off or do you find it attractive?
i’m a girl and my boyfriend likes to tell me that he prefers me natural or with makeup on that looks natural on an every day basis or when it’s just us going out somewhere. when it’s a night out i think he might prefer a little extra and false eye lashes and fill face make up? as long as it doesn’t look baked or anything!
If I notice the makeup, it's too much for me. Lots of makeup and false eyelashes, I find really unattractive.

That said, I'd be arrogant to think that everyone's wearing makeup for my sake. If it makes you happy, wear it for yourself.
I’m a woman and have been seeing my boyfriend for a while. I would always wear makeup around him because I have a few scars on my face and showing them usually makes people question them and that’s effort...

Lately, I’ve started wearing less around him as we took the relationship to the next level and the daily routine was a time killer, and he doesn’t mind one bit. He told me that wearing less was healthy for both my skin and the relationship. He told me that in his eyes, makeup or not, I’ll always be beautiful to him.

On a night out, he prefers my regular or sometimes a little bit of extra glamour, but definitely not to the point of false eyelashes. I tend to go for a more professional office look and it works.

Lads, if you think your girl ain’t pretty without a faceful of makeup, you’re either not a good guy because you’re superficial, or she’s not the right one for you
Original post by Anonymous
I’m a woman and have been seeing my boyfriend for a while. I would always wear makeup around him because I have a few scars on my face and showing them usually makes people question them and that’s effort...

Lately, I’ve started wearing less around him as we took the relationship to the next level and the daily routine was a time killer, and he doesn’t mind one bit. He told me that wearing less was healthy for both my skin and the relationship. He told me that in his eyes, makeup or not, I’ll always be beautiful to him.

Aye, used that lil white lie many a-time myself.
Reply 5
Original post by Notoriety
Aye, used that lil white lie many a-time myself.

Him being with her for the long run I would say it isn’t a lie in this case.
Him being with her for the long run I would say it isn’t a lie in this case.

I have been in long-term relationships. I have said that lie.

People lie in long-term relationships.
Reply 7
I have been in long-term relationships. I have said that lie.

People lie in long-term relationships.

Why would you stay with them if you didn’t find them attractive
Why would you stay with them if you didn’t find them attractive

They were not beautiful when they had just woken up and had crust in their eyes. Yet "beautiful whenever I see you" and "of course, there is no woman prettier than you" are lies made all the time. The desire is to get the "aww, he thinks am special" response.
They were not beautiful when they had just woken up and had crust in their eyes. Yet "beautiful whenever I see you" and "of course, there is no woman prettier than you" are lies made all the time. The desire is to get the "aww, he thinks am special" response.

Thing is, I did just wake up and had “crust” in my eyes
Thing is, I did just wake up and had “crust” in my eyes

Or a big spot on your forehead and a bit of dry skin.

To bring it back to the OP, it really depends on the circumstances.
"Subtle" to 'none' would be my preference; at least outside of occasions that warrant it. Normalising one's complexion in order to put one's best foot forward is fine, but routinely employing a sophisticated optical illusion to confound any accurate assessment of one's looks is a practice I find fundamentally off-putting.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
If I notice the makeup, it's too much for me. Lots of makeup and false eyelashes, I find really unattractive.

That said, I'd be arrogant to think that everyone's wearing makeup for my sake. If it makes you happy, wear it for yourself.

So you wouldn’t even like maybe red lip stick? It has to look like they really don’t have anything on? I’m just curious
Reply 13
Attachment not found
So you wouldn’t even like maybe red lip stick? It has to look like they really don’t have anything on? I’m just curious

Well, it's hard to say. I've liked the look of peoples' lipstick before, to be fair. In general, though, I very much prefer the natural look.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending