GCSE Edexcel Psychology 9-1 [1PS0] Official Discussion Thread Watch

thestudent33
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey Guys!

This thread is here for us, the first cohort of the reformed 9-1 Edexcel psychology GCSE!

You can use this thread to get help with topics you don't understand, share resources and help each other out in general!

Feel free to answer these questions to get the discussion started!

What are your predicted grades/ wanted grades

How is revision going so far?

Must-have resources

Spec:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...cification.pdf

Sample assessment material:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...web-accred.pdf

Maths guide for psychology:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...Psychology.pdf

EDIT: Below I have attached some sample answers
Attached files
Last edited by thestudent33; 2 days ago
thestudent33
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'll get this started!

Predicted Grade: 9 / Wanted Grade: 9 (obviously :rolleyes:)

But I don't think I'm gonna get a 9, my teacher doesn't know what on earth she's doing so I'm gonna say I'll be happy with an 8.

Revision for me is okayish, been putting it off till easter, but that probably isn't the best idea so I'm going to try to start next week :crossedf:
JennySong2018
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Predicted Grade: 7 / Wanted Grade: 9
Me too! My teacher has no idea what she's doing and we only have one paper to practice on. I'm currently struggling to answer the 9 mark question. Do you know how I can improve my AO3? Thanks
thestudent33
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by JennySong2018)
Predicted Grade: 7 / Wanted Grade: 9
Me too! My teacher has no idea what she's doing and we only have one paper to practice on. I'm currently struggling to answer the 9 mark question. Do you know how I can improve my AO3? Thanks
My teacher hasn't even touched on the nine markers :noway:, it's really pathetic tbh.

And I haven't really looked at the AO's yet sorry . Thanks for the reminding me tho

Do you know any good resources to use to revise? The only thing I have right now is the official Edexcel book
Erevising45
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Predicted Grade: 8 / Wanted Grade: 8Considering we’re the first cohort to do the new edexcel 9-1 GCSE, I’m pretty nervous for the exams! It’s especially difficult when it comes to my revision, since I prefer to revise using lots of past papers. Unfortunately, it’s very hard to find any past papers on a subject when there aren’t any for the new spec! I’ve literally only managed to find one specimen paper for paper 1, and one for paper 2.Does anyone know where I can find some good past/specimen papers for psychology?
JennySong2018
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by thestudent33)
My teacher hasn't even touched on the nine markers :noway:, it's really pathetic tbh.

And I haven't really looked at the AO's yet sorry . Thanks for the reminding me tho

Do you know any good resources to use to revise? The only thing I have right now is the official Edexcel book
I also download the specimen paper from the edexcel website but that's pretty much it. There's a second specimen paper but they locked it. So frustrating!
Apart from that I basically tried memorizing everything in the textbook, really wish there is some other resources for us to practice on.
thestudent33
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
(Original post by Erevising45)
Predicted Grade: 8 / Wanted Grade: 8Considering we’re the first cohort to do the new edexcel 9-1 GCSE, I’m pretty nervous for the exams! It’s especially difficult when it comes to my revision, since I prefer to revise using lots of past papers. Unfortunately, it’s very hard to find any past papers on a subject when there aren’t any for the new spec! I’ve literally only managed to find one specimen paper for paper 1, and one for paper 2.Does anyone know where I can find some good past/specimen papers for psychology?
I bet everybody's nervous! The lack of resources is really frustrating. :sigh:

Unfortunately it's only the Sample Assessment Material papers that are unlocked, however there is an additional sample assessment material set which is locked rn, maybe you could ask your teacher to give it to you? Unless they're planning to use it for mocks or something.
thestudent33
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
I also download the specimen paper from the edexcel website but that's pretty much it. There's a second specimen paper but they locked it. So frustrating!
Apart from that I basically tried memorizing everything in the textbook, really wish there is some other resources for us to practice on.
Ikr! It's really annoying :banghead:.

I don't see how my teacher is predicting some high grades when we don't even have the resources we need to reach them :rolleyes:
Erevising45
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I might have to do that- hopefully, even if they don’t have access to the additional specimen paper they’ll have some practise exam questions anyway.

You’re completely right though, it is so frustrating that they haven’t released the additional paper yet!

Unfortunately it's only the Sample Assessment Material papers that are unlocked, however there is an additional sample assessment material set which is locked rn, maybe you could ask your teacher to give it to you? Unless they're planning to use it for mocks or something.
JennySong2018
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I tried but I think she is saving it for the Y10 mock so that's why she's not sharing it with us.

Do you know if there's another way that we can gain access to the paper?

thestudent33
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
I tried but I think she is saving it for the Y10 mock so that's why she's not sharing it with us.

Do you know if there's another way that we can gain access to the paper?
Not really, unless you ask another psychology teacher? .

Anyhow, I think that closer to exam time the paper will be released
JennySong2018
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hopefully. But in the meantime I'm really nervous since we're not getting the help we need to do well or have a better understanding of the exam
Not really, unless you ask another psychology teacher? .

Anyhow, I think that closer to exam time the paper will be released
thestudent33
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hopefully. But in the meantime I'm really nervous since we're not getting the help we need to do well or have a better understanding of the exam
Yeah it's really annoying, even other subjects that are being introduced under the 9-1 system this year like business for example, have wayyy more content out there
thestudent33
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
JennySong2018 Erevising45

My teacher said she's going to give us some sample answers to questions, when she does I'll hopefully post them here for you guys!

If you guys have any resources you want to share then feel free to do so too.
Erevising45
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That’s great! I asked my psychology teacher about it, and she also said she would look into any sample questions she could find for me. Hopefully, if she has, I’ll have them posted on here by next week! Thank you!

My teacher said she's going to give us some sample answers to questions, when she does I'll hopefully post them here for you guys!

If you guys have any resources you want to share then feel free to do so too.
JennySong2018
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You guys are the best!!
I'll also ask my teacher for some extra help, see if she's willing to give me a little peck into the second specimen paper

If you guys have any resources you want to share then feel free to do so to
(Original post by Erevising45)
That’s great! I asked my psychology teacher about it, and she also said she would look into any sample questions she could find for me. Hopefully, if she has, I’ll have them posted on here by next week! Thank you!
thestudent33
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
JennySong2018 , Erevising45

Here are the sample answers
Attached files
JennySong2018
Rep:
?
Report 16 hours ago
OMG THANK SO MUCHHH
This will be so helpful. Turns out we'll have our final mock next month, hopefully I'll have access to the questions of the second specimen paper to share.
fopdoodle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 hours ago
was browsing tsr and found this thread, thanks for the resources!

i'm also super nervous for the exam lol - no past papers is just a pain
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (111)
17.51%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.73%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.35%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (92)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.94%
How can I be the best version of myself? (190)
29.97%

Watched Threads