The Student Room Group

Deciding on a University

Hello,

I recently received everything back from the Universities I applied to and will have to make a decision in the coming weeks but I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on Film Production at Salford University, University of Creative Arts Farnham and Hertfordshire University?

I'm struggling to decide which one to go to as they are all basically my top 3.

Thank you in advance.
What do you think are the pros/cons for each?
Original post by PQ

I am not entirely sure, I have been around them all and they pull me for different reasons with..

Salford - amazing campus, directly in the heart of Media City etc

Farnham - Area is more my style (small town), near Pinewood Studios and close to Family but not too close.

Hertfordshire - Good contacts, family is either around the corner or a couple minutes away so accommodation would be cheaper so smaller loan to pay back etc

I am planning to make more of a checklist to help.
Original post by HourGlassGalaxy
Hello,

I recently received everything back from the Universities I applied to and will have to make a decision in the coming weeks but I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on Film Production at Salford University, University of Creative Arts Farnham and Hertfordshire University?

Thank you in advance.

Hi @HourGlassGalaxy,

It's lovely to hear we're in your top 3 :u:

Are you coming along to the Offer Holder Day? If you can make it, it's a great way to help you to make your decision.

If you haven't seen it already there's examples of students' work on our webpage here: https://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/film-and-television-production

Do you have any questions about the course or uni?

Thanks,
Heather
Hello @HourGlassGalaxy

I have passed this onto my friend Oliver who is studying Film Production here at Salford he should be able to give you some pointers!

Emma 😊
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi @HourGlassGalaxy,

It's lovely to hear we're in your top 3 :u:

Are you coming along to the Offer Holder Day? If you can make it, it's a great way to help you to make your decision.

If you haven't seen it already there's examples of students' work on our webpage here: https://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/film-and-television-production

Do you have any questions about the course or uni?

Thanks,
Heather

Thank you I'll have a look!
Original post by HourGlassGalaxy
Hello,

Thank you in advance.

Hi @HourGlassGalaxy
First of all, congratulations on all your offers! I am Oliver currently a second year Film Production student here at the University of Salford and I'm loving every second of it. There are so many things that make Film Production at the University of Salford the place to be. It's fun but it's hard work and you have to be really passionate about Film to get the most out of it. The facilities are modern and amazing, the campus is based in MediaCityUK surrounded by Britain's TV giants like BBC and ITV. The equipment the university allow you to book out for your projects is definitely worth a mention because there are so many high quality pieces of equipment to choose from. The modules are so much fun, personally my favourite has been scriptwriting! The University of Salford is definitely a place for you to be if you are a dedicated and passionate filmmaker.

I hope this helps!
Thanks,
Oliver
Original post by University of Salford
Hi @HourGlassGalaxy
First of all, congratulations on all your offers! I am Oliver currently a second year Film Production student here at the University of Salford and I'm loving every second of it. There are so many things that make Film Production at the University of Salford the place to be. It's fun but it's hard work and you have to be really passionate about Film to get the most out of it. The facilities are modern and amazing, the campus is based in MediaCityUK surrounded by Britain's TV giants like BBC and ITV. The equipment the university allow you to book out for your projects is definitely worth a mention because there are so many high quality pieces of equipment to choose from. The modules are so much fun, personally my favourite has been scriptwriting! The University of Salford is definitely a place for you to be if you are a dedicated and passionate filmmaker.

I hope this helps!
Thanks,
Oliver

Thank you for the insights!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending