The Student Room Group

Guy ignores my messages?

I'm friends with this guy,we talk a lot on WhatsApp. But recently I have noticed that he doesn't open my messages for a while even tho he's online. For instance- if I sent him a message at 10, he comes online a couple of minutes later but doesn't open my message ? he does come back to me like 10/20min later. Does that mean he has lost interest in me ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No. Some guys just don't reply straight away.

Don't think too much of it.
Means he's a living person with living people things to do.

If my phone pings I might look and see what it wants, doesn't mean i'm going to drop what i'm doing and start chatting.
Reply 3
Original post by StriderHort
Means he's a living person with living people things to do.

If my phone pings I might look and see what it wants, doesn't mean i'm going to drop what i'm doing and start chatting.

but he does come online to possibly talk to other people ?
My gf hasn't replied to messages I sent, doesn't mean she has to because I know she's on a year abroad, having fun and focusing on her studies :smile: I would be very happy if she replies but I know better than to wait, I've got a life too
Yeah girl let that MANGOOO.
you don’t need him, if he’s online and talking to other ppl and not you it just shows that he doesn’t respect you and if I liked a boy I would reply straight away.
Just don’t be too available for him, honestly girl he’s not worth.
Don’t chase him, I know is hard if you like him but dw you will find a guy you likes you and text you back straight away.

Honestly, I been there and this is a red flag.

My mom always told me that the signs you ignore in beginning just end up being the reason you leave later. You know right away who is good and bad. Don’t ignore that.

If he puts last, leave him.

Is he your boyfriend or just a guy you talk to and where did you meet him?
Getting back to you within 10ish minutes still sounds pretty keen to me. Overthinking kills friendships/relationships. If he didn't want to speak to you, he wouldn't at all. Honestly.
How old are you
Original post by Anonymous
but he does come online to possibly talk to other people ?

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't? maybe he's already in the middle of a conversation? Maybe he's waiting till he can get comfy before replying properly? What's 10-20 minutes? If I sent someone a text or email and they replied in 10-20 mins i'd call that pretty prompt, instant messaging does not = instant response.

My advice, don't try and second guess someones intentions through automated updates from a faceless and highly flawed social media platform, bound to end in anger and frustration. The amount of relationships that end over this must be unreal.
10-20 minutes isn't a lot of time. Worry when it takes him several days to respond.
if I liked a boy I would reply straight away.

You don't see a contradiction there? :tongue:
Yeah girl let that MANGOOO.
you don’t need him, if he’s online and talking to other ppl and not you it just shows that he doesn’t respect you and if I liked a boy I would reply straight away.
Don’t chase him, I know is hard if you like him but dw you will find a guy you likes you and text you back straight away.

Honestly, I been there and this is a red flag.

My mom always told me that the signs you ignore in beginning just end up being the reason you leave later. You know right away who is good and bad. Don’t ignore that.

If he puts last, leave him.

Is he your boyfriend or just a guy you talk to and where did you meet him?

Thank you :smile: it's just a guy I met via internet. we are just friends 🙂
Original post by StriderHort
You don't see a contradiction there? :tongue:

🤫LOOOL
Not trying to be mean, but expecting people's time and attention in a split second just because you messaged them is rather entitled. I don't get it with you girls with being so obsessed with how long it takes guys to respond to messages.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Getting back to you within 10ish minutes still sounds pretty keen to me. Overthinking kills friendships/relationships. If he didn't want to speak to you, he wouldn't at all. Honestly.

I know it isn't, but the fact that he comes online and doesn't open my messages is just bothering me
Original post by randomsheep11
Not trying to be mean, but expecting people's time and attention in a split second just because you messaged them is rather entitled. I don't get it with you girls with being so obsessed with how long it takes guys to respond to messages.

it's not that I want him to reply to me straight away. I just feel disappointed that he opens the app and has time to talk to other people but doesn't have time to open my message ?
How old are you

19 & he's 20
but doesn't have time to open my message ?

for 600-1200 seconds.

your expectations are not realistic. you will continue to be disappointed.
it's not that I want him to reply to me straight away. I just feel disappointed that he opens the app and has time to talk to other people but doesn't have time to open my message ?

He could be talking to someone else then, and I'm sure you would know how tedious it is to partake in multiple social media conversations at once. It's not like you're dating either (even if you were though, he still shouldn't be obliged to open your messages whilst he may be having a conversation with someone else).
Reply 19
Original post by randomsheep11

Agreed mate, hate it when people say "Why didn't you reply, you've been active for 20 mins!". It just seems stalker-ish and weird. Girls tend to obsess over this stuff and it's a massive turn off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending