leftchr
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello guys, I need your help. I can't make my mind and decide where to do my master's. I have already an offer from Warwick and I am waiting a decision from LSE.

Warwick Business School - MSc Marketing & Strategy, including scholarship for academic excellence
LSE - MSc Marketing - awaiting decision

what do you think is the best for job prospects? I am planning to stay in the UK or Europe, so I would like to go somewhere that is recognised globally. It seems both Universities are of equal prestige, with only difference LSE is located in London. Is there any other difference between them? If you had to choose where would you go? I don't mind either staying or leaving at London for master's, as I am my bachelor in London, so Warwick can be a change for me.
Shiv7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by leftchr)
Hello guys, I need your help. I can't make my mind and decide where to do my master's. I have already an offer from Warwick and I am waiting a decision from LSE.

Warwick Business School - MSc Marketing & Strategy, including scholarship for academic excellence

what do you think is the best for job prospects? I am planning to stay in the UK or Europe, so I would like to go somewhere that is recognised globally. It seems both Universities are of equal prestige, with only difference LSE is located in London. Is there any other difference between them? If you had to choose where would you go? I don't mind either staying or leaving at London for master's, as I am my bachelor in London, so Warwick can be a change for me.
LSE without a doubt.
leftchr
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shiv7)
LSE without a doubt.
Thank you for answering. Can you tell me your reasoning?
username4421408
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How much is the scholarship and fees for each university?
Shiv7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you for answering. Can you tell me your reasoning?
Ultimately go with the one where you like the actual course structure the most. LSE has much more international connections than Warwick.
leftchr
Rep:
?
(Original post by pi=e)
How much is the scholarship and fees for each university?
Well, for Warwick the scholarship is around 8000 pounds
MiM-Essay
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey there,

Congrats on getting Admit from Warwick and that too with a scholarship! Warwick Business school has a great marketing program which is well reputed across the world. That being said LSE is definitely a bigger brand than Warwick. If you receive an admit from LSE I say you should undoubtedly go for LSE.

You should not only see placements after graduation but also other aspects which help will you in future such as course structure, Recruiting partners etc. But staying in London can be a little expensive however if that’s not an issue then it’s great.

Warwick and LSE both are well rated and reputed Universities internationally. But for job prospects, you can go with LSE. LSE provide better exposure and opportunities to the students. Globally LSE is more known university and will provide an extra edge if you are planning to do job abroad.
The average starting salary for LSE graduates £32,000. With the placement rate of 91%

Hope I was able to clear all your doubts if you need any help feel free to reach out to me.
ajkin
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! I applied for the Marketing Programme at LSE too. I haven't received any update yet. I received my LSE ID only Mid March, so I'm guessing it'll take some time. What about you? Did you get in? have you made a decision yet? Please do let me know.

Medmat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Always a difficult decision. I have an offer for Financial Maths and Stats at LSE and MMORSE at Warwick. Really torn but just wondering which offers that little bit more oomph for a career in IB.
bioelle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Medmat)
Always a difficult decision. I have an offer for Financial Maths and Stats at LSE and MMORSE at Warwick. Really torn but just wondering which offers that little bit more oomph for a career in IB.
Personally I'd say LSE, but that's probably because I'm a future LLB student and reputation is my kryptonite :')
Medmat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bioelle)
Personally I'd say LSE, but that's probably because I'm a future LLB student and reputation is my kryptonite :')
Thanks. LSE has a good international reputation. Student satisfacton seems low as well as its TEF rating which was only bronze. The other issue is that of costs of accomodation especially. But I likd your kryptonite...lol
bioelle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Definitely depends on where you'd personally be happier over all other factors, but costs at London unis are no joke. Thank you :')
(Original post by Medmat)
Thanks. LSE has a good international reputation. Student satisfacton seems low as well as its TEF rating which was only bronze. The other issue is that of costs of accomodation especially. But I likd your kryptonite...lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (21)
30%
No - I have already returned home (8)
11.43%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (15)
21.43%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (5)
7.14%
No - I live at home during term anyway (21)
30%

Watched Threads