Peak time to revise

Watch
Sarah_g_24
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
A-Level exams are not far away, I’ve been revising for the mocks next week but I don’t want to burn myself out too early. When did people who have completed their A-Levels start really committing time and what methods worked best for you? Btw I study Bio, Chem and English.
I found I work well making mind maps, flashcards, card sorts for active recall etc.
I think I am starting to revise for finals after these mocks.

04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sarah_g_24)
A-Level exams are not far away, I’ve been revising for the mocks next week but I don’t want to burn myself out too early. When did people who have completed their A-Levels start really committing time and what methods worked best for you? Btw I study Bio, Chem and English.
I found I work well making mind maps, flashcards, card sorts for active recall etc.
I think I am starting to revise for finals after these mocks.
Revise for the finals now. #MocksDontMatter. Revising for your mocks is only beneficial if that revisjon is also going towards your real exams. The only way that mocka benefit you is by practicing doing an exam paper, which you should be doing at this point in revision anyway - especially for Chem and Bio. The main reason you're being given mocks is for the school to have an up to date spreadsheet of how you're all doing. Forget about mocks, they're unimportant.

I found Mindmaps are great for English by the way.
Sarah_g_24
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Yea my college set us weekly papers for biology and chemistry, about 3 papers per week per subject for all sciences which helps a lot. If all goes to plan I should hopefully be around an A for Bio and English, and B/C for chemistry but we shall see because I definitely struggle a lot with chemistry sometimes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads