Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-47323045

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/f...-a4072266.html
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 9 months ago
Puts some of these student threads into perspective. Amazing he has shown such dedication in keeping the memorial alive plus ofc the sacrifice of the airmen.
Abu 'Abdullah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Too many of these crashes happen. They should stop doing these unnecessary air shows and fly pasts
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Abu 'Abdullah)
Too many of these crashes happen. They should stop doing these unnecessary air shows and fly pasts
The plane didn't crash at an air show. It crashed returning from a bombing raid during World War II.
999tigger
Report 9 months ago
Your post is completely inappropriate considering the event being discussed. You obviously have no idea.
Kian Stevens
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I've seen you commenting on things before, and a trend that I've picked up with you is that you talk absolute shiiite on everything I've seen you comment on.
It's not even a case of you have a differing opinion which I disagree with... You simply just talk complete and utter uneducated ballocks.
looloo2134
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
The 10 men died to save the lives of small children it an amazing story.
Kian Stevens
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Foulds has a remarkable story to tell. One of true bravery, one which highlights the altruism of the ones aboard the plane, in order to avoid him and the people in Endcliffe Park that day. One which should make people remember what true heroism is, not the celebrities of today who are wrongly labelled as 'heroes' with nothing to show of it.
I stood and thought, at the train station this morning when the fighter jets flew over my head, of those who lost their lives in an act of pure gallantry. It was very touching - so was the memorial - and I'm pleased that this story has deservedly been made known to everyone across the world.
Rest in peace, lads.
Last edited by Kian Stevens; 9 months ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I hope the campaign to get Tony Foulds nominated for an honour is successful.
Such a compassionate man, tirelessly keeping the memory of the ten airmen alive and tending to their memorial every single day for almost 75 years.
Dan Walker and the social media campaign to get the flypast were amazing too.
So many caring people in the world who will use social media to achieve something positive for humanity.
Last edited by londonmyst; 9 months ago
Abu 'Abdullah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Stop being such an idiot. Your post is completely inappropriate considering the event being discussed. You obviously have no idea.
Look who's talking, a rock! 😀😀😀
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
My mate took his bird and littleun up to it and said it was boss. I might have been tempted if I wasn't working.
Liv.123.x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Actually read into things before you comment on things. This comment makes you sound so inconsiderate.
999tigger
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Liv.123.x)
Actually read into things before you comment on things. This comment makes you sound so inconsiderate.
He's doing it on purpose because hes either ignorant or just disrespectful.
username3883544
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
It is also good to see an event of heroism in the north of England recognised and commemorated.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (45)
33.33%
No I don't (63)
46.67%
I work during the holidays (27)
20%

Watched Threads