The Student Room Group

Are WJEC and Eduqas the same?

Hi,

On my UCAS form I put my English Lit board down as WJEC but realised it's actually WJEC Eduqas as I'm England.

Is this a major problem or will I need to amend it as I don't want any disasters come results day or is putting it down as WJEC fine as Eduqas is a brand of WJEC?

I'm really freaking out here so any advice would be great :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by Anna_mcgregor
Hi,

On my UCAS form I put my English Lit board down as WJEC but realised it's actually WJEC Eduqas as I'm England.

Is this a major problem or will I need to amend it as I don't want any disasters come results day or is putting it down as WJEC fine as Eduqas is a brand of WJEC?

I'd get it changed just to be safe. Email [email protected] :smile:
Reply 4
Hi,

I do WJEC across le border, the yare indeed the same with every meaning of the word, apart from they sit different papers, that is the only major difference (as in they produce an english EDUQAS paper and a separate WJEC paper). The question styles may also vary slightly due to different people creating them, but curriculum wise the yare identical. I might be wrong, but I do EDUQAS past papers for revision and Imanage to do them, so hmm.
Reply 5
Original post by Max1989
I do WJEC across le border, the yare indeed the same with every meaning of the word, apart from they sit different papers, that is the only major difference (as in they produce an english EDUQAS paper and a separate WJEC paper). The question styles may also vary slightly due to different people creating them, but curriculum wise the yare identical. I might be wrong, but I do EDUQAS past papers for revision and Imanage to do them, so hmm.

But yeah get it changed if you can as it is wrong on the grand scheme of things.
Original post by Max1989

Thing is that WJEC is also offered as an exam board in England, so that needs to be kept in mind too.
Reply 7
Original post by barror1
Thing is that WJEC is also offered as an exam board in England, so that needs to be kept in mind too.

True, that's why I said get it changed just to save confusion. Very few schools do WJEC outside of Wales however.
Original post by Max1989
True, that's why I said get it changed just to save confusion. Very few schools do WJEC outside of Wales however.

OP will need to fix it up anyway because I'm guessing there are some different optional units between the two specs. It is interesting to see how many exam boards there actually are!
Reply 9
Original post by barror1
OP will need to fix it up anyway because I'm guessing there are some different optional units between the two specs. It is interesting to see how many exam boards there actually are!

Yeah there are so many I wonder how schools decide on which one. Well for Physics and biology the optional specs are identical, but yeah lets stop confusing the OP...JUST TRY AND CHANGE IT :h:.
Original post by Max1989
Yeah there are so many I wonder how schools decide on which one. Well for Physics and biology the optional specs are identical, but yeah lets stop confusing the OP...JUST TRY AND CHANGE IT :h:.

Good call XD
sup guys I know this is an old thread but I am just asking if I can use WJEC revision sources for Eduqas because I can't find any eduqas revision notes or resources to help me study for the AS/A level business
Reply 12
Hi,

Hi Anna, did you figure out how to fix this? I’m having the same problem and really need help

Quick Reply